Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Simple question - Braided brake lines
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Qarl
I am away from the car body at the moment and I have the suspension with me (in the living room of course)!

I am installing new hard brake lines on the front struts.

Regarding the stainless brake lines to connect the stut hard lines to the body hard lines... I have two lenghts.

Which one goes up front? The longer one or the shorter one?

Thanks in advance!
DuckRyder
Short in front IIRC
airsix
This is only a guess, but logic would say long in front. Rears only have to pivot slightly, but the fronts have to follow the rotation of the struts when the steering angle changes. I could be wrong, but that's my guess.
-Ben
URY914
Long ones in the front,
air six is right with reasoning.

Paul
Qarl
Fuck!

Okay... At least only 3 are on!
URY914
OK, if the short ones are on the front, leave them on.
But you can only drive in a stright line.
Do NOT turn the wheel. lol2.gif

Paul
Qarl
Fixed!
Brad Roberts
You are going to be pissed when they dont work. This is one case where the answer doesnt make sense. The rears are longer than the fronts. They have farther to REACH before they hit the tab on the frame rail. The fronts are within a inch or so of the mouting tab on the body. Think of the distance from tab to strut for the front and from tab to control arm mount.

B
Qarl
Okay... to quote the great Dave Darling....

Fuckity, Fuckity, Fuck, Fuck

or something like that.

At least it's easy to remove them now with them sitting on an assembly table.

Yawn... I better go to bed.

I lubed and sealed the rest of the rear roller bearings tonight...
Brad Roberts
Yup. Right now they are easy to remove. You may also want to wait on the rears. I find it easier to hang them on the body tab first...not on the rear control arms.

B
DuckRyder
Both of them are about an inch longer than the factory ones as well.

The short ones are on the front of mine and there is PLENTY of slack to turn the wheel.
URY914
I stand corrected. sad.gif

Sorry
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.