Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: car cover
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Elliot Cannon
I just had this made recently by a sailmaker. It's made of "Sunbrella" and should last a loooong time. This one cost me $129 to make and they told me the cost would come down starting with 6 more. I comes in many colors and even stripes if that's your thing. I haven't installed any grommets or anything to hold it down yet. Still considering my options for that. Let me know what you think and if you would like one.
Cheers, Elliot
Elliot Cannon
Other side.
TROJANMAN
Pretty cool Elliot.
What if elastic was sewn on the bottom ? idea.gif
slim72914
neat cover.... I really like those rims though!
Dr. Roger
yep, seen one of those for my tacoma. it had velcro wrap-arounds for the rear view mirrors. i didn't see if there was anything attaching the rear.

nice workmanship. =) nice car too. =)
JB 914
ME LIKES.

Hey when you gonna bring that nice yeller car over to my place? i wanna take a look at the Sheridan kit
Rand
Perry Kiehl makes one too.
clickey linkey

IPB Image
Elliot Cannon
The original cover I had was secured with bungees that where sewn into the cover. I thought that might add to the expense. You could install grommets at all four corners and use bungee cords or plastic clamps are also available (Home Depot ect). I thought leaving a method of securing the cover to the individual would help. Also, depending on the width of your body (the cars body) flairs etc. the length of the bungees will be different. I'll decide how I will secure my cover to the car and take more pics.
cheers, Elliot
PS I'm not doing this as a profit making endeaver. I like the cover and thought someone else might like it as well. If enough people want one, I'll pay to have them made and you can pay me when it's done.
Gustl
ar these covers water proof idea.gif

I'm thinking of heavy rain, not diving biggrin.gif

wavey.gif Gustl
URY914
Are the yellow ones faster to take on and off? biggrin.gif
IronHillRestorations
No need to re-invent the wheel.

Elliot, I've been making my 914 Umbrella Cover for over ten years now! Several hundred satisfied 914'ers can back up the quality of this product.

Mine are made of polyester coated convertible top material that is very waterproof, and $115 shipped to you.

Although I don't recommend it, I've had three people tell me the car stayed dry with just this cover (no top under it), as they got caught by a unexpected rain shower.

You probably don't want grommets in a cover like this.
Gustl
QUOTE(9146986 @ Jul 19 2007, 03:03 PM) *
Mine are made of polyester coated convertible top material that is very waterproof, and $115 shipped to you.

Perry, just for my interrest - how much would it be shipped to my door?

6410 Telfs, TIROL
Austria / Europe

wavey.gif Gustl
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Jul 18 2007, 11:46 PM) *

I just had this made recently by a sailmaker. It's made of "Sunbrella" and should last a loooong time. This one cost me $129 to make and they told me the cost would come down starting with 6 more. I comes in many colors and even stripes if that's your thing. I haven't installed any grommets or anything to hold it down yet. Still considering my options for that. Let me know what you think and if you would like one.
Cheers, Elliot

Nice Elliot... I suggest you contact Mrs. K and have her get you some of the magnets used in programming pacemakers. They are very strong. Then have them sewn in to a part of the cover that will hold on to metal... You know about metal don't you? You have very little of it but what you do have can be used... poke.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.