Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 motor meister
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Johny Blackstain
You might want to hear from Cone Dodger as I'm sure he has an opinion about these guys you won't like.
carr914
Not a Slam, but, Do yourself a favor and do a search here and on Pelican. That will answer ALL your questions.
914Sixer
Run as fast as you can!! Do not stop and look back!! May the Force be with you.
RON S.

MM,AA

Almost sounds like the same story,but different chapters. cool_shades.gif popcorn[1].gif

Ron
ConeDodger
QUOTE(jimkelly @ Jul 19 2007, 07:24 AM) *

My suggestion is that you contact Jeff Hines here... He built the motor in the Bumblebee and I could not be more satisfied. Well... That isn't true but at least I could not be more satisfied with the motor biggrin.gif

Jeff built the motor for the Bumblebee after two Motormiester motors grenaded before being fired... I didn't buy from them, these events predate my ownership of the car but all of that is well documented here with pictures to make it abundantly clear not to become a MM customer.
Cap'n Krusty
If your definition of high quality is low initial price, they're your place! If you use the conventional definition of quality, you'll look elsewhere. This story goes way back, possibly to before Porschelist (pre-Rennlist). While there have been a few reports from satisfied customers (and where are those guys now?), nearly ALL people we've heard from have had stories ranging from moderate dissastifaction to allout rage.
You pick. Like a big ad in the phone book, or a screamingly obnoxious TV spot on the late late movie, a flashy website doesn't mean they're worth the time it took me to compose this advice. The Cap'n
pete-stevers
why not call em ....moto-sheister
kinda has a cool ring.....
jimkelly
i hear ya : )

whoa

thanks

jim
ConeDodger
QUOTE(jimkelly @ Jul 19 2007, 09:41 AM) *

i hear ya : )

whoa

thanks

jim

No really Jim, Find Jeff HInes. sixnotfour or something like that... Maybe he will contact you. From talking to Jim Chambers his prices rival MM and his quality is way beyond. He is NOT a full time engine builder and may choose not to take on your project so don't be too disappointed if he turns your project down. He is a machinist and has his own stuff going on...
degreeoff
build your own.........the force is with you..all 8000 of us here at the ole 9...1....4
Porsche Rescue
Rob has it right. But you might ask Jeff if he can help you. He is sixnotfour on this board.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(RON S. @ Jul 19 2007, 08:14 AM) *

MM,AA

Almost sounds like the same story,but different chapters. cool_shades.gif popcorn[1].gif

Ron

Thanks a lot Ron
Eric_Shea
That isn't true but at least I could not be more satisfied with the motor

I don't believe Jeff offers "those" services Rob lol3.gif

I was shocked to see a Motorshiester ad in this issue of Pano. Why do they continue to allow them to speak to their constituency??
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jul 19 2007, 01:31 PM) *

I was shocked to see a Motorshiester ad in this issue of Pano. Why do they continue to allow them to speak to their constituency??

Aren't they in every issue? Though I never saw a full page ad before (p. 51) Guess it pays the bills.
Brando
Well, motor sheister from personal experience... 3 rebuilds in the last 4 years were from them. Issues? Varying from eating rear and front main seals, one had the endplay in the cam shafts set so bad it ate the sprokets and chain drive/balance shaft that drives the oil pump, one had varying compression on all cylinders.

Then there's my mom's 911 where $8k was dropped on the rebuild with MM. Came back with all sorts of issues. Wrong year warmup regulator (what happened to ours?), adjusted to run too rich (200% over), funky idle issues, and now possibly bad ignition unit (why is there a permatune now?).

Don't waste your time. They're basically a parts recycler. If you drop over $20k then you might get something worth writing home about, but that's the cost of a good already-done six. Shelves, shelves and more shelves of used parts that are within their 'very liberal' tolerances.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jul 19 2007, 10:31 AM) *

Shut up Salmon Boy!

I have noticed that ad in Pano forever... Kind of strange.
racerbvd
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Jul 19 2007, 07:02 AM) *

Run as fast as you can!! Do not stop and look back!! May the Force be with you.

Take 914Sixer's advise, I have seen first hand how MM screws people. chair.gif
jimkelly
come on -you guys have alllllll got to be wrong biggrin.gif

jimbo popcorn[1].gif
Katmanken
Now that I think about it, wasn't one of their motors in the "submarine" teener that one guy bought?

Quite a motor dissection.....
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(jimkelly @ Jul 19 2007, 05:30 PM) *

come on -you guys have alllllll got to be wrong biggrin.gif

jimbo popcorn[1].gif

We're busted! It's a conspiracy ................ How'd you ever catch us? The Cap'n
smontanaro
I'm reminded of the MM threads here every time I flip through a Pano and see their full-page ad. I don't dispute anything the good folks here write on the subject. I'm kind of confused about why Pano continues to accept ads from MM if they are as bad as everyone indicates. I understand there is an ad revenue issue, but I suspect the PCA could live without that one ad. There must be something else, maybe some MM-PCA connection? Inquiring minds want to know. popcorn[1].gif
racerbvd
QUOTE(smontanaro @ Jul 23 2007, 07:40 PM) *

I'm reminded of the MM threads here every time I flip through a Pano and see their full-page ad. I don't dispute anything the good folks here write on the subject. I'm kind of confused about why Pano continues to accept ads from MM if they are as bad as everyone indicates. I understand there is an ad revenue issue, but I suspect the PCA could live without that one ad. There must be something else, maybe some MM-PCA connection? Inquiring minds want to know. popcorn[1].gif

I have heard that those ads will be ending. Money keeps ads running.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.