Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone going to Pikes Peak this weekend?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mike souza
So are any of you guys going to the Pikes Peak Hill Climb this weekend?

I've wanted to go for about 10 years but I haven't been able to go til this year.

anyway I'm going solo at this point & I was wondering if anyone on here is going,
if so maybe we could meet up somewhere.

URY914
Going to PP is on my list of "must do". I'd love to go. sad.gif
mike souza
yeah, I'm pretty much so excited I can barely contain myself.

drew365
There were two brothers that used to run PP and do pretty well in Ruff Yellow Birds. Jeff Bedard was one, I don't remember his brothers name. I wonder if they still participate? Sounds like a fun weekend if the weather is good. They have some extreme climate change from bottom to top some years.
Scott S
You will have a blast. I have been a half dozen times - my college room mates were Kevin Lindville and Mike Whitman - they ran a cosworth pro rally car up there for several years.
Just a few FYI's: Even living in Colorado, when you are at the top you will not be able to move very fast without losing your breath very quickly. Drink lots of water and take it easy. Aslo, I cant tell you the amount of times it was sleeting/just shy of snowing even though it was summer down in town.
If you decide to go to the top to watch (or even as high as Devils) plan for a long day with food/drink etc. You will have to not only wait until the race is completed to leave, but you have to wait until the race cars (including the big trucks) are driven back down as well. I would reccommend getting there the night before - or VERY early the day of.

Again, if you camp - prepare for all sorts of different weather - there is a good chance that there will be a fire ban.

You really will have a great time!!!! beerchug.gif
mike souza
Awesome!

thanks for the great advice!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.