Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Does my license plate frame look cheesy?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Slick914
Got my new license plate frame today. Now that it's on the car, I'm thinking maybe I should of just simply had 1974 914 on it. With the reflector, it might seem I'm trying to flaunt the Porsche name. Didn't even think about the reflector when ordering. slap.gif

What do you think?

IPB Image

I know, I'm not to original with the custom plate, but I prefer simplicity. smile.gif

Here's my Chevelle's...

IPB Image
Katmanken
Nah,

It looks good on your Porsche 74 Porsche
G e o r g e
Imho it looks Bl barf.gif ew Cheesy

Did you get a free bowl of Soup with that? poke.gif
TROJANMAN
I think your car is going through an identity crisis laugh.gif

looks good wink.gif
Slick914
QUOTE(kwales @ Jul 19 2007, 09:21 PM) *

Nah,

It looks good on your Porsche 74 Porsche

Yeah, looks stupid. mad.gif

I was hoping everyone was going to say it looks great to make me feel better. confused24.gif
Cap'n Krusty
Yeah. Lose the reflector ............................. Just kidding. If you like the combo, keep it. If you don't, don't. The Cap'n
messix
kinda stating the obvious, like like a big fat guy wearing a tee shirt that says "big fat guy"
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

You take that darn thing off you car immediately and send it to me NOW!!!!!!

I will take all the negative comments for you!!!!

No it really looks good

Dave slap.gif
woobn8r
Is that plate in case you forget which car you have?

I'd go for clear plastic if you want a clean look....
Johny Blackstain
thumb3d.gif
Air_Cooled_Nut
What about just losing the "Porsche" from the plate? I like the reflector, BTW.
Coy
My PO sprayed my license plate frame flat black. It says Porsche in raised letters, but you don't notice it unless you look.
jonferns
Nobody rocks the license plate frames these days, right??? Never was a big fan of frames...-JON
Al Meredith
At least it isn't one of those "gold" Frames the 911 raised pinkey guys have
orthobiz
What I like best about your license plate frame has nothing to do with the frame! It is how much you like your new car and how much you care about it. Because your car has so many "non-original" elements already, I think you should continue to have a blast pampering it and making it your own! Keep posting...

Paul
messix
when i bought my car i found the original dealer frame in the trunk. so i put it on. i think the old school is cool.
sww914
Well, if you have to ask...
cuca914
QUOTE(messix @ Jul 19 2007, 07:40 PM) *

kinda stating the obvious, like like a big fat guy wearing a tee shirt that says "big fat guy"

Hey, you been diggin' in my closet? laugh.gif
SirAndy
keep the frame and the reflector and get a personalized plate that says "PORSCHE" ... biggrin.gif
BigDBass
I like the frame. (But I'm not a big fan of the reflectors.)
VaccaRabite
IMHO either the frame or the reflector, but not both.

But I am weird, and probably won't have the word "Porsche" anywhere on the exterior of my car (unless I break down and get one of the cool European VW-Porsche badges).

Zach
Kargeek
Ok, Swap the frames, put the chevy frame on the porsche and the porsche on the chevy.

Or get one of those goofy, my other car is a....frames.

dgw
QUOTE(Kargeek @ Jul 20 2007, 11:41 AM) *

Or get one of those goofy, my other car is a....frames.

I have one of those. It says My other car is a Carrera. I like it.

Oops. Correction. It says "My other Porsche is a Carrera".
Allan
I haven't read the whole thread but if the original question "Does my license plate look cheesy" I would have to vote yes....

Sorry... sad.gif
JPB
The double Porsche parafinalia is not bad and does not hold to any fromage in my books. Since most folks would say it NARP, I believe it is a statement well worth saying. I for one, believe that all flat surfaces on the 914 should recieve a Porsche sticker so what do I know other than I know i have great taste! beer.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.