Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is your tool kit supposed to contain pliers?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
ScooterD
I was looking in my owners manual for no good reason and I came across a page that showed the tools that were included with my '73, it shows no pliers in the picture or on the list. Your manual my give you an answer to the long debated question. Here is a picture of the cover and the page showing the tools. The manual was printed in June of '72 for the '73 model year and it does say 'kit contents subject to change'.
Scott

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Pat Garvey
Same with my '72 manual, printed in December '71. Yet, my toolkit did come with pliers & I was of the thought that all the early cars came with them.
Pat
ScooterD
Pat,
Do you mean your manual showed no picture of the pliers, but they were in the tool kit? Please clarify.
Thanks,
Scott
dr914@autoatlanta.com
The 70-72 models all had pliers in the tool kit, also the new factory boxed tool kit we have on the shelf has pliers in it.
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(ScooterD @ Jul 20 2007, 06:50 PM) *

Pat,
Do you mean your manual showed no picture of the pliers, but they were in the tool kit? Please clarify.
Thanks,
Scott

Scott,

Yep, exact same picture as you have in your manual. But my kit did come with drop forged pliers.

Pat
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.