Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: 50 CAL
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
akellym
This video show you how to shoot yourself in the head with a 50cal! biggrin.gif Now wonder the South hasn't risen av-943.gif

http://shock.military.com/Shock/videos.do?...C=recruiting.nl
sj914
I wonder if California based their 50 cal ban on this video.

GWN7
Looks like a Barrett 50 cal.

The owner told me you can get 8" groupings at 6000yds with it
swl
Looks like a candidate for the Darwin awards - 'cept he lived!

Isn't that the same weapon that the Canadian sniper got the long range kill record with. My son tells some pretty gruesome stories of that weapon.
VaccaRabite
I have had a couple chances to shoot Barretts. Shooting beer kegs out at 600 - 700 yards is effortless. Really impressive guns. A total pain in the ass to shoot *next to* though. The diffuser on the muzzle sends a pressure wave the will literally move the people standing to either side. Aimed fire if you are standing next to one of these is a joke.

Zach
GWN7
"The longest-ever confirmed sniper kill was made by Master Cpl. Arron Perry of the Canadian Armed Forces in Afghanistan during combat in 2003. Using a .50-caliber MacMillan TAC-50 rifle, Perry shot and killed an Afghan soldier from a distance of 2,430 metres.

That's about 1.5 miles That, my friends, is a truly amazing feat. The bullet was in the air for four seconds and dropped 146 feet. About 250 meters longer than Carlos Hathcock's famous shot. I'm happy if I hit something at 250 meters total distance."

My personal best is 475 yds on a running target......
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(GWN7 @ Jul 20 2007, 12:27 PM) *

4 legs or 2?

Zach
andys
A long time business associate and friend manufactures the bolt actions and stocks for 50 cal target rifles. What to me was truely impressive, was the scope. Standing in the parking lot at his plant, I could easily pick out the stones of a mountain side off in the distance.

Andys
zymurgist
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Jul 20 2007, 12:27 PM) *

Shooting beer kegs out at 600 - 700 yards is effortless.

Nooooooooooo!

Somewhere, an all-grain master zymurgist is weeping. Used kegs make great boiling vessels, for guys who brew more than 5 gallons at a time.
DrifterJay
....The M2 (50cal.) is known by Iraqis to shoot around corners....AKA right through the corner... thumb3d.gif
GWN7
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Jul 20 2007, 08:42 AM) *

4 legs or 2?

Zach

4........a male deer can hit speeds of over 35 mph when he's in hyper speed (ears flat down against his head, giving it) 30.06 155g @ 2800fps

So if you only have 2, you better be able to run faster than the deer, keep further away from me or not piss me off. happy11.gif
JPB
AAAaah yes. I have passed up on a few of these and am sorry for not getting one. beer.gif
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(JPB @ Jul 20 2007, 10:09 PM) *

AAAaah yes. I have passed up on a few of these and am sorry for not getting one. beer.gif

If you sell both your 914s, you might only have to pay a few thousand more for a barret 50.

The imitation 50s are way cheaper.

But I'd still rather shoot my wussy 30 cal and wimpy 45-70s.

Zach
JPB
One shop near Winchester had a used semiauto 50 with a three round clip. He wanted $2300. Sounded good at the time. Shoot, I'd be happy with my old Thompson Contened I sold with a 30-30 barrel. beer.gif
Danny_Ocean

Private Joker: Why should we do a story about you?
Door Gunner: 'Cuz I'm so f-in' good! I done got me 157 dead gooks killed. Plus 50 water buffalo too! Them's all confirmed!
Private Joker: Any women or children?
Door Gunner: Sometimes!
Private Joker: How can you shoot women or children?
Door Gunner: Easy! Ya just don't lead 'em so much...

ar15.gif
smontanaro
Okay, I know next to zippo about guns and immediately have two questions: 1. what actually hit the guy who was shooting the gun? 2. Why in the world do you need a 50 cal gun for target shooting?

Skip
GWN7
They were shooting at a metal plate from the sound of the "ping" when the bullet hit it and them saying "No more metal" after the bullet (or a piece) bounced back and hit him on the side of his ear protection.

Probably trying to duplicate stuff on TV where they show the bullets punching thru metal plate. Without a FMJ (Full Metal Jacket) bullet hard to do.

And why?...why not.....why want to be the fastest at the track? Run the fastest? Have your team win the throphy? Golf? Put a 3.6 in your 914? ect...Because it's human nature to compeat..........besides seeing stuff blow up is fun...when no one gets hurt
swl
You can hear the round spinning as it ricochets back. Watch about 10 feet in front of him. the round hits the ground and bounces - you can see a puff of dust.
orange914
good ol' california banned the .50 cal. thanks to arnold.

still fun shootin at thing that go "pop" blowup.gif

http://s201.photobucket.com/albums/aa104/s...nt=d23789a7.flv
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(smontanaro @ Jul 24 2007, 12:08 AM) *

Why in the world do you need a 50 cal gun for target shooting?

Skip

happy11.gif
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(Johny Blackstain @ Aug 15 2007, 08:21 PM) *

QUOTE(smontanaro @ Jul 24 2007, 12:08 AM) *

Why in the world do you need a 50 cal gun for target shooting?

Skip

happy11.gif

Aaaah...because it's fun to blow shit up?
VaccaRabite
For the same reason that some people own machine guns, and others own (and drive) tanks, and others drive 911 turbos and other sports cars that go way, way over the speed limit while serving no other really useful purpose.

Because they can.

Zach
GWN7
ar15.gif blowup.gif laugh.gif happy11.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.