Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Too rich? Too lean?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rigglet
I've finally gotten all the FI parts functioning on my 1.7 and it is running like a champ. Only one slight problem remains. I just need to finalize the fuel mixture and get my idle set right.

Currently I have the control knob on the ECU set at the factory position. I get some idle speed adjustment by turning the idle control screw on the throttle body. However, I can turn the idle control screw all the way closed and the idle never drops below 1100 RPM.

Do you guys think I need to lean or richen the mixture on the ECU? Or could it possibly be something else I haven't thought of?

Any help is appreciated.
JoeSharp
If you can crank the idle control screw in all the way and dose not effect the idle you have an air leak. It is getting air from someplace beside the air control screw.
toon1
sound's like dyou have a vac leak. If you close the air bleed screw all the way down and it's idling @ 1100, you are getting air from another area. Closing the air bleed screw should kill the engine.

Keith
rigglet
Suggestions on location(s) to start looking? I'm thinking the AAR. Or maybe the intake manifolds.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.