Background info is here:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...mp;#entry926175

Continuing from the last update forever ago, the black car (#1) had a nasty crack in the attachment point, so it was decided (wrongly, by me) to put the "new" motor & "old" sideshifter into the 2 piece car & transfer everything from one black car to the other. Looking back, I shoulda just stuffed the motor & tranny into the black car #1 and driven the sucker with the welded attachment point. headbang.gif I didn't do that, soooooooo, the motor, tranny, rear calipers & rotors & 19mm brake master were transferred into the 2 piece POS car. All new fuel lines & new rubber brake lines were added. Better tires put on the fake Fuchs. All the windows put back in the car (we had a spare front at the shop that is held in with what little butyl that was left on it, and duct tape for now). I tossed the early tan interior (minus door panels, which are missing confused24.gif ) just to quiet it down a bit (still really noisy). I was able to finally get the brake stuff done early this week, and went down to the shop today to bring it home.

It rides a bit rough, but I'm attributing this to being lowered down all the way around, and skinny tires that are a couple of years old. Plus I didn't check the pressure when I got them back from the tire shop, so they're probably inflated to 32. The motor has really good pull, better than the motor in the red car, the carbs are only popping once in a while, the tranny (which was a rebuild) shifts really tight and with what seems to be a short shift, but there's no kit on it. Maybe it needs to be worn in a bit? Anyway, the car drove OK, didn't catch fire (always a plus), and isn't leaking any fluids, so I would call this a successful maiden voyage. piratenanner.gif The carbs tend to be loud, but I've never had a 914 with carbs before, so I'm guessing this is normal, and it has an old Bursch on it, which isn't the quietest thing in the world.

Bottom line: It seems that the motor *has* been rebuilt, & the tranny *has* been rebuilt, so the only thing to do now is transfer things from the #1 car to the 2 piece POS car & drive the he!! out of it. Other than labor time, the whole thing (both cars) only has cost me about $2000.00. Not too bad, in the overall scheme of things.