Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HELP - how to remove 914-6 Oil Tank
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
KenH
Hi all,

I am trying to remove the oil tank from my 914-6.

It is loose, however the near bottom oil hose coupling will not clear the wall.

The tank cannot move any further out do to the oil hose connected on the bottom hitting the body.

It seem unlikly this hose has to come off as that would require removing the lower moulding strip pop-rived the body.

Any suggestions??

Thanks,

Ken
burton73
Ken,

All I can tell you is my factory tank came out of my factory 6 with the bottom oil line on.

Bob

914-6 #41
PRS914-6
There is a trick to getting the tank in and out. You have to "roll" it in and out. Here is a picture installing it. The line is on, in position and tight. Line goes in first and then roll the tank in, Reverse the procedure to take it out.
Click to view attachment
Gint
agree.gif

Took me a while to get the "roll" right to my tank out. I can't wait to try and get it back in with new paint all around.

...and if the valance is still on (I think that's what you said) for pete's sake remove it. It will give you more room to work and it's a small price to pay for getting your tank out in one piece and maintain your sanity.
KenH
Thanks for the input.

I did not think the line had to come off - but sometime Porsche does some strange things.

I understand what is supposed to happen.

The hang-up is where the bottom hose fitting on the side of the tank comes thru the wall.

I did not want to remove the valance, but it looks like I will have to.

Ken
KenH
Jim - answer to your PM.

The PO had the motor go bad and it left metal in the oil.

So I want to remove the tank to have it properly cleaned out - not just pour a solvent thru it.

Ken
IronHillRestorations
You've got to take that line off, and there should be a 36mm nut on the threaded boss coming through the inner fender wall.
KenH
That hose is off - but the threaded pipe on the tank does not clear the wall when you try and push it back. The hose that is on, is the one on the bottom.

Ken
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.