Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 911 Sport Seats
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Sixer
I know they will not work with the stock backwall. They also weigh a lot more. But I am looking for comfort. I have a set and I am thinking about fabricating some mounts. They are a hellva lot more comfortable and have good lateral control.
Any comments?
scotty b
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Jul 20 2007, 08:18 PM) *

I know they will not work with the stock backwall. They also weigh a lot more. But I am looking for comfort. I have a set and I am thinking about fabricating some mounts. They are a hellva lot more comfortable and have good lateral control.
Any comments?

I haven't put them in a teener but I have a set that are in their 4th car now. I'll never let those babies go !! Best seats EVER and I've had quite a few different types. Toyota Supra seats in my CJ are damn nice too. smile.gif
Dave_Darling
You'll lose at least 3-4" of headroom, as the 911 seat bottoms are much thicker than the 914 ones.

I recently picked up a sport seat from a 944 for Lisa's 911. Works well, but makes getting in and out of the car somewhat more difficult. I'm swapping it back out for the stocker, and will be swapping it in only for her track days.

--DD
ConeDodger
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Jul 20 2007, 09:18 PM) *

Any comments?

They will never work Mark. You should have them reupholstered in Chocalate Brown and send them to me for long term testing in my '84 Carrera. I will let you know after a few years how they work out... biggrin.gif JK!!!
Brando
I ran 911 SC seats in my teener for about 6 months. Then again I'm a pretty skinny guy. You lose space between the seat and steering wheel, and headroom. They were very comfortable though. If you were to use them, I would reccommend having some of the butt area padding removed. About 2-3 inches. That way you sit lower and don't lose room. Also, they won't be adjustable to the same degree as the 914 seats.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.