Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Seat Belt Relays
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
2-OH!
1975 - 2.0

I am going to wire around the two relays under the co-pilot seat to do away with the Seat Belt Interlock...

Do the two relays have any other function or can I take them out completely...

2-OH!
RustyWa
I think mine just has one of those snap on jumpers between the big yellow wires under the passenger seat. The rest of my "Fasten Seatbelt" system works on my car. Buzzer, light and all. I like it...others do not.
marc_hines
I have the inerior re,oved out of my 1975 2.0 also - and I would like to remove the whole relay assembly. The relays were removed long before I aquired the vehicle - so I have only the mount and excess wiring to remove. I will also be removing the 'seat belt' light off the dash board.

So - I think you are OK removing the relays if you want.
serge914
I did remove them on my 74. Their only functiom was to give me some intermitents starter problems.

Just jump the 2 Big yellows wires. I guess you dont need a buzzer to remind you to put your seat-belts.
2-OH!
Thanks guys...I am using the two yellow's to set up an anti-theft switch...

After (if) I get the car back together and running (motor out, head work, strip, clean, rust repair and paint) again, then I will lose the relays....

2-OH!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.