Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: rodent problem
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jfort
I am doing this for a friend of mine who doesn't own a porsche. he puts a big old buick convertable away for the winter each year in a barn he has. last year mice made a mess (and a smell) of the car. does anyone have any suggestions for keeping mice out of an idle car?
seanery
moth balls used liberally will work.
skl
Agreed- have put many moth balls in interior, both trunks and engine compartment. Just remember to take them out in the spring! (Once was restoring a 914-6 that had been sitting outside for 1 1/2 years and had a pleasant surprise waiting for me in the glove box! The whole family was dead and had been there a while. Unfortunately they have big families...) I also put lots of mouse killer under the car...
fuch toy
Most barns should have cats.....just cover the wheels if they are not fixed to keep the cats from "marking" their territory.
Ray Warren
cinnamon sticks.
SirAndy
QUOTE(914ray @ Dec 16 2003, 03:54 PM)
cinnamon sticks.

R.U.Sirius ??
redshift
QUOTE(skl @ Dec 16 2003, 12:35 PM)
Unfortunately they have big families...) I also put lots of mouse killer under the car...

I wish I had a picture of that glovebox... in my freezer.

smile.gif

M
Joe Bob
Progeny of the Donner Family....?

Does geting cold cause aberations? blink.gif
redshift
"Donner, party of 7... err... 6..."

Only if you wear furry shorts.

M
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.