Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who's up for breakfast?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dave_Darling
Let's meet at the IHOP in Santa Clara again! 9:14 AM this Saturday, 7/28/07.

Map-a-roo:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&...c=addr&om=1

See ya there!

--DD
Jenny
Count me in! Thanks for organizing (and hosting in the south bay)

-Jen
Chris Pincetich
Way to go Dave! chowtime.gif
Unfortunately I'm out of town, racing at the US Open Mountainboard championships in Colorado. I'm still riding my NPD board I rode at the 2005 races... "NPD rider" 'till i die.
beerchug.gif
smj
Did somebody here say "pancakes?!?" chowtime.gif
nebreitling
damn, i'd be in but we'll be in Hoopa. Next time...

Chris, good luck at your race!
EdwardBlume
Dang it. I have school until 11:30. Have fun tho.

Hey DD, did go (and win) something at PP in SD this year??
SirAndy
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Jul 24 2007, 01:12 PM) *

Let's meet at the IHOP in Santa Clara again! 9:14 AM this Saturday, 7/28/07.

Map-a-roo:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&...c=addr&om=1

i'm out. i'll be at thunderhill ...

chowtime.gif Andy
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(Rob Ways @ Jul 24 2007, 08:46 PM) *

Hey DD, did go (and win) something at PP in SD this year??

Yeah, you could say that... smile.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Killer trophies this year! The little one is for Lisa's successful defense of her P4L autoX championship (the car has won its class three times--none of it with me driving!), the middle-sized one for winning the 914 section of the Tech Quiz, and the great big one for winning the quiz overall. smile.gif

The plaque is the "perpetual" trophy; I have to give it back next year.

--DD
kenschipper
Should be able to make it.

Ken Schipper
EdwardBlume

Highest Score Men? head_hurts_kr.gif

Congratulations! Cheryl's folks were there happy that you won! Clearly you've set the bar too high for Porsche knowledge. Congrats again.
nebreitling
that's badass, Dave! Congrats!
mightyohm
thinkin about it.... need to see what is going on. if we can make it we will (sans 914, engine is on floor)
szuccaro
I think I will be able to attend... would be my first breakfast meeting! Steve
smj
EDIT: 7:25PM
"I'm pretty sure I'll be there."
Ha! No sooner did I post that then a breakfast meeting for the Diablo track event was called. Sorry, I'm helping with the event and want to make sure it's a success in all ways.
"see you guys tomorrow morning! I heard they're serving funnel cake for breakfast now-- yum!"
What?!? Awww, maaaaaaan... drooley.gif Instead I'm going to be stuck with the lousy food at Mimi's...
Jenny
see you guys tomorrow morning! I heard they're serving funnel cake for breakfast now-- yum!

-Jen
kenschipper
Family commitments just came up. Will try to make the next one. Have a great time.

Ken
fiid
Pretty sure I'll be there. I'll either be in the 914 or the 6, and sporting a 2.5yr old smile.gif

Fiid.
jimtab
Wish I could but family obligations will trump all else this weekend, I must present myself in the Excremento area on Sat. or I'd be there with bells on....
scruz914
I'll be there, as if anyone is going to see this reply before breakfast. It has been too long since I have been to a breakfast. Should be fun.

-Jeff
mikey
Damn! If only it were next weekend I could drive my 914-6. It goes into the alignment shop on Tuesday.

Have fun!
smj
QUOTE(scruz914 @ Jul 28 2007, 12:13 AM) *

I'll be there, as if anyone is going to see this reply before breakfast. It has been too long since I have been to a breakfast. Should be fun.
Well, I saw it before breakfast. But since I'm going to be at a different breakfast, maybe it doesn't count... laugh.gif
Jenny
Awesome! Look forward to seeing some familliar faces and some new ones as well.

Jen
shoguneagle
Wish I could be there with all the 914 friends. Really miss the pancake meetings on Saturdays. They were always just down the street from where we lived in Santa Clara. Will go to a pancake house here in Flag at the same time as you meet in Santa Clara - so in spirit I will be there with you.

Congratulations, Dave. Glad to hear your excellent knowledge is recognized.

Will be in Sunnyvale/Santa Clara the week prior to and during the Monterey Historics. Hope to see you there.

Steve Hurt
MartyYeoman
Opps. I didn't see this until 2:00pm today. mad.gif
I hope somebody took pictures to post.
Dave_Darling
Jenny took a couple; not sure if they're post-worthy or not.

There were three 914s there today: szucarro (but see his post about leaving the event!) and Jeff from Santa Cruz brought theirs, and then Fiid came down with his.

We had a dozen people (eventually): Steve and his son Christopher were there when I got there, and Jeff was just in front of me. Jenny showed up, then Brian. While we were waiting for our table (which took a while), Fiid drove in with his son Benjamin, and Jeff and Kylie showed up. Right as we were starting to get our food, Bradholio and his uncle showed up and joined us. Evidently the uncle had just bought a hot rod (flames, blower, and everything!), and they were going to tow it somewhere.

My camera is currently MIA, so no pics from me. (Hmm, I think I may know where it is, come to think of it!)

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.