Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear control arm bushing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kojo2001
Any one has any experience, comments suggestions. Rear went out sucks!!!
Joe Ricard
Buy new one. Trailing arm.
or buy new Poly bronze bushings Tarret engineering???
Or buy Delrin from Chris Foley Tangerine racing.

I am working on getting solid control arm bushings from a roundy round race shop.
914nerd
You can buy Polyurethane ones for cheap
Delrin are a little more
And the polyBronze are most expensive, but also the best (not counting roller bearings, of course)
kojo2001
QUOTE(Joe Ricard @ Jul 24 2007, 03:21 PM) *

Buy new one. Trailing arm.
or buy new Poly bronze bushings Tarret engineering???
Or buy Delrin from Chris Foley Tangerine racing.

I am working on getting solid control arm bushings from a roundy round race shop.

How much labor is involved In changing out the bushing?
Joe Ricard
What do you charge yourself for labor?

Torch and a screw driver to burn the old one out and put the Poly ones back in Half a day.
914nerd
agree.gif
Yep
Do it yourself if you can and save yourself shop labor rates
Brando
took 2 hours to replace my rears. Most of that time as sitting there with a torch burning the old ones out. Cleaned the inside of the trailing arms with a small hone for a moment, silicon greased the hell out of the new ones and installed.
Krieger
I used a press, and they came out very easily. I have a set of brand new poly graphite bushings that I installed on the arms, but never put on the car. I'd sell with the bitchin grease for $45 plus shipping. I got them from Strasse. I decided to go to poly/bronze
Joe Ricard
I installed grease fitting on each bushing. I use white lithium grease.
I've got one that is screwed up now after 15,000 miles and alot of racing on slicks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.