Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Master cylinder replacement/service
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
whitey
I'm getting ready to service my brake master cylinder...Do you have to remove the fuel tank to reinstall the two lines from the fluid tank?

Thanks, Dave
skline
Only if you pull them out to replace them. You will be draining all your brake fluid however so you will need to bleed all 4 corners.
dflesburg
Get under there, you may need some long skinny plyers to help you, that was how i did mine last night...

you can get everything in with fuel tank in place...

TravisNeff
You might need to remove your pedal cluster for easier access, 2 nuts on the inside of the cabin, remove the hard lines at the MC and out it comes. You do not need to remove the tank.
geniusanthony
When I removed mine I took a few days until I reassembled everything and had to re-figure out which line was which. It does take a little while though and can be messy but enjoy.
Hopefully others will chime in with some more help
mzapisek
The tank can stay in. It's a messy job and I agree with Travis, it's easier if you remove the pedal cluster first. If you haven't gone to bronze bushings yet now is the time while the pedal cluster is out (also a fun job). Remember not to touch your paint during the process as brake fluid does bad things...ask me how I know?
Joe Ricard
Tough part is getting those Effin grommets that are around the supply lines. back in the top of the M/C. You can get more wiggle room by taking the mounting bracket off the resevoir.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.