Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Question on '75 FI System
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RohJay
I'm currently missing the ECU and Harness from my '75 1.8 (no. EC 040403).

While looking for replacements, i came across this '75 2.0 system on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...4590&rd=1,1

Will this work on my '75 1.8?
That is can i use this entire system with my EXISTING inlet manifolds ?
Cjllong
I have an ECU for a 1975 1.8 liter if you need one. Just let me know.

Chris
Dave_Darling
You'll also need a distributor that has the extra "EFI Trigger points" in the base. It would probably work on your engine, if it were complete, but not right. The mixture would probably be too rich across the board.

--DD
Joe Ricard
Short answer is no it won't work. at least not right. But things can be tuned with the correct set of "Mad wrenching skills".
Good luck because that sort of knowledge in in short supply.

Hey did you get the front air dam?
JeffBowlsby
It is always better to simply solve the problem correctly and not introduce the potential for other conditions that are not current problems. Find the right parts you need for your car and avoid new headaches.
RohJay
Thanks for the advice. I will keep looking for the correct FI components.

QUOTE(Cjllong @ Jul 25 2007, 09:15 PM) *

I have an ECU for a 1975 1.8 liter if you need one. Just let me know.

Chris

Yes, i am interested.
Will PM you, Thanks

QUOTE(Joe Ricard @ Jul 25 2007, 09:36 PM) *

Hey did you get the front air dam?

Yes, I believe package has reached my shipper. Hopefully i will see it in about a month's time. Thanks so much. I do appreciate that it was a sacrifice for you....
RohJay
Been researching the FI system since last post. AND it looks like more trouble ahead.

Appreciate if i can get the following clarified:

Is the EC code engine "D-Jet" or "L-Jet"?
Should it have an AFM?

I'm hoping NOT 'cos I DON"T have an AFM in my box of parts...

here's pics of the engine, Please help me ID the FI system:

RohJay
and the Airbox:
Dave_Darling
EC == L-jetronic. Should have an air flow meter (AFM). The air cleaner is correct for the L-jet system as well; the AFM should be bolted onto the side of it. ...Where that sort of home-made looking outlet on the upper half of yours is.

--DD
RohJay
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Jul 26 2007, 09:13 AM) *

EC == L-jetronic. Should have an air flow meter (AFM). The air cleaner is correct for the L-jet system as well; the AFM should be bolted onto the side of it. ...Where that sort of home-made looking outlet on the upper half of yours is.

--DD

Thanks Dave!

oooh this keeps getting better...
looks like i'm going to need an AFM AND a new airbox. IN ADDITION to the FI Harness and ECU mad.gif

Would this be a good time to look into Carb Conversion?

jim_hoyland
FYI- There are 1.8 L-Jet parts out there. Many owner smile.gif that switched to cards may still have the AFM, Harness, etc. I say this from going down a similar path. Make up a list of what you need and post on the classifieds, contact parts obsolete, and check local owners.

Good Luck smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.