Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT 37 Curves in 11 miles
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
por73914
I counted them today, I have 37 driving.gif curves in the 11 mile trip to work. To make it even better there is only 1 stop sign and no stop lights. I love Arkansas beer.gif
jonferns
driving.gif
jaminM3
You are very lucky. I have to go to a canyon to get decent curves..
drooley.gif
smj
Hrmph. There's a mile or two of decent road on my way to work, before the highway, but it's too close to town. Inevitably a minivan, Mercedes, SUV, or some other dog slow vehicle/driver combo winds up in front of me -- and of course, they've never met the concept of using the turnouts to let somebody by... headbang.gif
Phoenix914
You guys have curves? Darn few where I live... sad.gif
Steve Thacker
Hijack! Did someone say curves. piratenanner.gif

por73914
QUOTE(Steve Thacker @ Jul 25 2007, 01:42 PM) *

And I thought I had alot of curves! driving.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Steve Thacker @ Jul 25 2007, 11:42 AM) *

and anyone who has ever run this course thinks that it is the best in the NATION!!!!!!!!! Great to do on a sportbike.
Steve Thacker
My brother who lives in Columbus, Georgia took a stroll down the Dragon a couple of times last year. He said it produces gud wood. biggrin.gif
Gustl
I just saw a report on german TV, about a historic rallye at Mallorca

there they had a wonderful stage driving.gif
147 Curves @ 900 m difference in altidude (about 3,000 ft) @ a length of 12 km (about 7.5 miles)

that sound's like a lot of fun rocking nana.gif

wavey.gif Gustl
914rrr
QUOTE(Steve Thacker @ Jul 25 2007, 02:42 PM) *

The best description of the Dragon came from a Lotus 7 driver..."It's just like an autocross course, except it has elevation changes and oncoming traffic!" blink.gif

ClayPerrine
QUOTE(914rrr @ Jul 25 2007, 09:53 PM) *

The best description of the Dragon came from a Lotus 7 driver..."It's just like an autocross course, except it has elevation changes and oncoming traffic!" blink.gif

av-943.gif And it is Autocross for REAL MEN! None of these pansy orange pylons. They use TREES instead!!!!

914rrr
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jul 25 2007, 11:40 PM) *

QUOTE(914rrr @ Jul 25 2007, 09:53 PM) *

av-943.gif And it is Autocross for REAL MEN! None of these pansy orange pylons. They use TREES instead!!!!

...and cliffs!!! There are some pretty gnarly wrecks up there, mainly (motor) bikes. Last fatality was a touring trike that over-cooked a corner, crossed the center line, and nailed an oncoming boat on a trailer, knocking said boat off trailer.

Guys I work with are big time into sport bikes and go there every weekend, sometimes during the week as well. One told me that his EMS bud was searching for someone who went off a cliff. He happened to look up and found another fatality stuck on a tree limb. He'd been up there, undiscovered, for about a year.
lotus_65
ferrari club of america (w/1 black 914) vid on a run.

some poor slob layed his bike down in front of the camera, gawking no doubt!

looks worth the drive to me...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.