Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Very cool diecast
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nomore9one4
This may be a repost,but I thought this was way cool. The detail is excellent.
scotty b
idea.gif not really. We all know that on a car that rusty you would NEVER be able to open the doors rolleyes.gif
Allan
It was on ebay awhile back.

I was actually the high bidder for a few days...
smj
Bah, I'm unimpressed -- there's nothing growing up through holes in either of the trunks... biggrin.gif

Just kidding, that's an impressive piece of work. But... I'd want a pair, showing the before and after view of a specific rustoration.
davesprinkle
No jackstands?
hwgunner
I looked at that on ebay too and thought about bidding. Very cool.
Johny Blackstain
I hate it. It's so very well done & so authentic I hate it biggrin.gif
914rrr
QUOTE(Johny Blackstain @ Jul 25 2007, 11:56 PM) *

I hate it. It's so very well done & so authentic I hate it biggrin.gif

Nah, if it was REALLY authentic, it would have the following:

a broken rear deck lid hinge

an 'oil can' style dent in the rear deck lid

a tight door gap on the passenger side

no rear valance

broken and/or missing door handles

missing sun visors

different paint color inside the trunks

oil stains on the muffler

etc. etc.... biggrin.gif
jonferns
and....the lenses are so pristine for a car thats so.....not pristine biggrin.gif -JON
geniusanthony
the tires look too new, polished trim on wheels are too bright as well
SGB
I've seen this before too. It is really cool, and shows a lot of attention to detail, but it mostly does look like a really dirty new car. I believe it needs to be softened up in a few spots and pushed in with a hard point, maybe heat up a tire or two and flatten the bottom, etc.
Johny Blackstain
Look at the scale of the hinges on the back trunk relative to the trunk top. I realized if they had made them that beefy to begin w/ on a 1/1 scale we'd never have had any trunk hinge issues biggrin.gif They'd also weigh about 50 pounds each laugh.gif
maf914
Pretty good weathering exercise.

I noticed it has a German plate. When I lived in Germany during the 80's you never saw cars in that condition on the road. The TUV vehicle inspections were too tough for a rusted out car to pass. That was before the European Union was established and old beat-up cars were often shipped out to countries with less strict registration requirements.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.