Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Weekend Engine Installation
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pjhaun
This weekend I am going to install my new engine.
The only thing is I am going to have to figure out the fuel injection wiring harness and make some fuel lines using AN fitings. Is that very hard to do, make fuel lines using AN fittings?
pjhaun
Click to view attachment
QUOTE(pjhaun @ Jul 25 2007, 07:18 PM) *

The only thing is I am going to have to figure out the fuel injection wiring harness and make some fuel lines using AN fitings. Is that very hard to do, make fuel lines using AN fittings?

pjhaun

pjhaun

pjhaun

pjhaun

Crazyhippy
AN fittings aren't bad if you only have 3-4 to do... 15-20 gets overly tedious...

Motor seems to be missing 2 cyl??? biggrin.gif

BJH
pba110
man, that thing looks like a beast...you gotta take pics! i forsee an engine swap in the future so it would be helpful to at least see some examples of a engine removal...
nice! rocking nana.gif
Phoenix-MN
Phil,
I just put AN fittings on my tank and installed Tamgerine Racings SS fuel lines (with AN fittings welded on the engine compartment end).

see
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=72023

Paul

rhodyguy
phil, is that out of a buick grand national? if so, WOW!!! if not, WOW!!! details, deatails, details....

k
pjhaun
OK, This is the second Buick V6 I have had in my 914. The first one was a 1980 3.8 (231). The one I am putting in now is a 1980 4.1 (252). It was a turbo engine but I had TA Performance put in high compression pistons . The way the Buick V6 Turbo engine are designed make it difficult to put in a 914. Also the heat is a big factor.
TA Performance in Scottdale AZ built the engine. It has 9.5:1 compression, it has a nice cam ( Mike at TA, said it really sounds good). It has aluminum heads with roller rockers and an upgrade oil system. Bob at B&R Automotive in Scottdale, AZ built the custom Multi Port Fuel injection. I am also putting in a hydrualic clutch. I thing you can see it in one of the pictures.
Mike at TA, said that it should put out about 285 HP. In a couple months I will be taking my car down to Auburn, WA. to Blood Enterprises to have the Fuel Injection tuned and Dyno the engine to see how much it really puts out.

Oh!!, Ya,!! I forgot to mention that the hydrualic table I have really works great to install and remove engines in the 914.

Phillip J. Haun
Oak Harbor, WA.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.