Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ot. i need your prayers and kharma
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
messix
tomorrow i go to court for some things that my ex is trying to do that would severely impact the relationship that i have with my daughter.

this has been about the most stressful time that i have had in my life [rates right up there with my mother dieing for cancer 12 yrs ago].

thank you to my teener family.

Troy
hwgunner
Good luck. You are in my prayers.
KELTY360
Good luck Troy. I know you're a devoted dad and deserve to keep that special relationship.
BigDBass
Best of luck to you!
GWN7
Been thru it Troy......it will all work out...... Just be the best parent you can be.......
markb
Positive thoughts going out for you.
computers4kids
Troy,
I pray that you're ex will come to see how important it is to have you in your daughter's life,,,and she see's even with all the uglieness of divorce, you have a beautiful daughter between you both that doesn't need to be used as a pawn.
Good Luck tomorrow,
Mark
McMark
Good luck Troy. You're a stand up guy, and I hope it all goes well for you.
Mountain914
I hope things happen tomorrow that are the best for everyone, especially your daugher. Positive thoughts going your way, Troy !!
neo914-6
I can't imagine but I know it could be terrible. Chin up, things will work out someway.
degreeoff
I am with you. BTDT and still there doing that. Briana is 3. You have a prayer from me. I should say though that most of the trouble I had worked myself up to didn't happen......we can be pretty hard on ourselves.
watsonrx13
Good luck and your thoughts are in our prayers...

-- Rob
lotus_65
btdt, in the worst way. keep your cool and stay on the high road.
~
~~
~
good luck and good vibes to you.
Gint
Something about vindictive parents that are willing to use a child to get at the other parent really pisses me off. Oh yeah, it's 'cause they're stupid.

Good luck Troy.
rhodyguy
you're right mike. it's the worst! btdt. troy, above all else, maintain your cool in court. don't allow yourself to be 'baited'. be calm, direct, and on point. let her be the jerk.

k
davep
Keep your cool, your daughter needs you.
DNHunt
Hoping for the best. You're in my prayers.

Dave
Phoenix914
Best of luck to you tomorrow. Judges are usually very perceptive, so like rhodyguy said, keep your cool in court. My daughter grew up mostly living far away from me, and just turned 18. I don't know your situation, but I can say that no matter what your ex does, you have to maintain your relationship with your daughter any way you can. Even if it's long distance...
mstein95
Troy, with two daughters of my own I can't imagine having to go through anything that you might be going through now. One could always tell how much you loved your daughter as you spoke of her at many a teener event. You're a class act. It will all work out. The Stein Family is sending positive vibes your way via thoughts and prayers.
Ferg
Hoping for the best for you Troy.

Ferg beerchug.gif
Bleyseng
I pray and hope you have a good lawyer and you say nothing in court.

This crap that goes on between ex's drives me crazy as its soo stupid and just hurts the kids. chair.gif chair.gif

Blair is going thru the same stuff with his new son. barf.gif
Eddie914
Best wishes and positive thoughts.

Eddie
Jenny
Good luck Troy. I don't believe any parent should be removed from their child's life unless they are completely unfit (which you obviously are not). A child deserves to have both parents in their lives while they're growing up. When the turn 18, then they can decide for themselves if they want to cut someout out, IMHO anyway. Let us know how it pans out, we're rooting for you!!

Jen
Rand
Sorry to hear this Troy. Praying for you and your daughter.

I know it's impossible not to worry about it. But it won't help the situation and will only take it's toll on you. So take a breath and try to trust it will be ok. Have peace - as much as possible. You are wise. Keep your head and get through it. This too shall pass.

Call if you need a friend. If you need to vent, have a drink, or just hang out.
SGB
Even if others don't do it, try to act in a way you can look back on in future years and know you did the right thing. Good luck.
JRust
Act the man in court & keep your cool. Karma will win out in the end. Best of luck
messix
well thank you to all, the judge did what he thought would be best for my duaghter, it wasn't what i wanted nor what my ex wanted, kind of a compramise.

this is all in relation to a relocation 55 miles away to a house that she bought with her boyfriend less than 30 days after a parenting plan was signed. she tried to change the parenting plan to where i would ony see my daughter 6 days a month [i have her 5 days out of 14 now] this would have effected me coaching her soccer and voluteering in her class one day a week.

this is not the best but i'll have to make do and just hope i can remain the better influence in her life.

[my ex has 4 other daughters that have some challeges baised on the example that their mother has set for them. this is my greatest fear for my daughter.]
DNHunt
Troy

The biggest factor in what a daughter looks for in a man is the image her father imparts on her. Show her a caring father who's involved in her life and she'll have a good self image and look for fine caring man. She'll remember the battles you fought to be a part of her life. You're a good dad Troy!

Dave
rhodyguy
now is the point where you take the high road in regards to comments or complaints. i left the shit slinging to my ex when the boys were younger. my beef(s) was with her. frankly, it was none of son's biz. i'm sure it was confusing for them. now with both of them in their 20s, they ask questions and have come to realize they were fed a bunch of mind twisting lies, half truths, and propaganda. it has comeback to haunt their mother.

k
N14
I find it so disturbing that one or both parents would ever use their children as weapons of bitterness towards each other. The child in almost all cases will continue to love their mothers and fathers equally, regardless of the time spent with either.

Why do some people have to be so hateful. It serves no purpose other than to create pain in every direction. I have an ex, 3 children but luckily never have to deal with any of this. We were able to take our differences and move apart but continue a friendly relationship. It's not easy and I emphasize not easy but it can be done if both parents are willing to clear their heads of distrust and resentment. Unfortunately it would appear in most relationships, one or both parents refuse to come to terms with this scenario.

Hopefully your ex will come to terms with her animosity and realize it is important for your daughter to have both parents fully involved in her upbringing, as you each have equally significant roles .

I hope it all works out well for you.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.