Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What's a 914-6 long block worth these days ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
propricer
Title pretty much says it all ... what's a 914-6 long block worth these days ... no carbs, manifolds, exhaust, etc. - just the block.
Supposedly ran fine when removed but who knows ???

Anybody got an informed clue ???

Thanx ...
brer
why? Did you buy that one for $200 ?

smile.gif
skline
It would be worth $200 if you did buy it smile.gif
Cap'n Krusty
I get SOOOOOOO tired of saying this: The value of ANY given item is found at the intersect point of what any given buyer is willing to pay and what any given seller is willing to take. Draw a straight vertical line on a piece of paper. Label it "what the seller wants". Draw a straight horizontal line on the same sheet of paper. Label it: What the buyer wants to pay". See where they cross? THAT'S the value.

The Cap'n
jimkelly
i paid $750 for a 1969 911 2.0 recently - it supposedly ran fine according to pre previous owner with good compression and has carbs/air cleaner on it - no flywheel though. plus i got a box of 5 extra zenith carbs/parts. I have read that it costs $1000 per cylinder to rebuild these engines ?? Jim
nomore9one4
icon_bump.gif mmmmm,Corona beer3.gif
type47
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Jul 26 2007, 09:59 AM) *

I get SOOOOOOO tired of saying this: The value of ANY given item is found at the intersect point of what any given buyer is willing to pay and what any given seller is willing to take. Draw a straight vertical line on a piece of paper. Label it "what the seller wants". Draw a straight horizontal line on the same sheet of paper. Label it: What the buyer wants to pay". See where they cross? THAT'S the value.

The Cap'n

easy Cap'n, i don't think we need a lesson in economics here. i often would like a ballpark price for things i'd like to get rid of. it's just that you'd like to have an idea what to ask for something that doesn't insult either party. set your asking price too high and you never get rid of it; too low, and you short change yourself. i hear him asking if anyone knows fair market value for his item. (sorry about the economics lingo)
brer
Nothing wrong for asking for a ballpark figure.
responses from people who have recently bought one are good, so is researching sales history, but we dont archive old transactions like the Bird does.

I think if you find the car that it goes with, and the guy who own it is a fanatic you may be able to get 2-6K.

otherwise is core right? sub 2K
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.