Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 935 mirrors on a 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DrifterJay
Who has 935 mirrors mounted on their car? I have seen one 914 with them and they look bitchin... Who has em and how did you mount them??????

idea.gif
John
We have some similar to that. The problem is that you cant see out of them.

My dad mounted them to triangular pieces of lexan painted body color. He then bonded them to the triangular wing windows.

Good luck with it.
DrifterJay
Honestly I do not care about being able to see out of them, lol.... Just a little "bling", lol. I plan on buying a wink mirror, because once I get a real race seat, I wont be able to see shit when I turn my head.
John
Here is a pic
BahnBrenner914
QUOTE(John @ Jul 26 2007, 10:41 AM) *

Then what's the use of having them if you can't see out of them? Might as well not have any and save on the aero drag! w00t.gif Besides, you should be leaving everyone else so far behind, you can't see them anyway.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(DrifterJay @ Jul 26 2007, 10:33 AM) *

Who has 935 mirrors mounted on their car? I have seen one 914 with them and they look bitchin... Who has em and how did you mount them??????

idea.gif

http://www.autoatlanta.com/service/914make...ver-week12.html

here is an idea
John
QUOTE(BahnBrenner914 @ Jul 26 2007, 10:31 AM) *

Then what's the use of having them if you can't see out of them? Might as well not have any and save on the aero drag! w00t.gif Besides, you should be leaving everyone else so far behind, you can't see them anyway.

Rules (or as it pertains to street driving, Laws).
BahnBrenner914
QUOTE(John @ Jul 26 2007, 11:38 AM) *

Oh right, those things... busted_cop.gif
Brando
Mirrors?!

"What is behind you is of no consequence."

If you can hear the sirens, you're not going fast enough.
DrifterJay
QUOTE(John @ Jul 26 2007, 11:38 AM) *

EXACTLY... as of right now, I currently have no mirrors....accept the rear view...and even with normal mirrors, I never use them, I subconsciously have to look over my shoulder every time I change lanes.
DrifterJay
oops, cannot remember how to delete a post
John
QUOTE(DrifterJay @ Jul 26 2007, 04:57 PM) *

oops, cannot remember how to delete a post

I haven't been able to delete a post since the great breakup and reformation......

Edit, yes, delete, no.
John
Here are a few others

Note wink mirror....

P.S. I too look over my shoulder when changing lanes on the street.
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(Brando @ Jul 26 2007, 05:24 PM) *

"What is behind you is of no consequence."

If I remember right it was "What's behind you is not important"... Raul Julia ripping the mirror off the Ferrari in "The Gumball Rally"
jmmotorsports
QUOTE(DrifterJay @ Jul 26 2007, 10:33 AM) *

idea.gif

I have them on mine. They take a little work on the back to fit the glass right. They are mounted with windshield urathane.

Jerry
DrifterJay
any pics from any other angles??? looks bitchin!!!
Scott Carlberg
it seemed liked someone here had Replaced the vent-glass with Lexan, and then they were able to Drill into the Lexan for the mirrors mounting bolts.
smj
QUOTE(Johny Blackstain @ Jul 26 2007, 06:05 PM) *
If I remember right it was "What's behind you is not important"... Raul Julia ripping the mirror off the Ferrari in "The Gumball Rally"

You remember correctly, and saved me a couple keystrokes getting the correct link to IMDB. One of my all-time favorite movies, though probably more for the impact it had on me when I first saw it as a child...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.