Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: quick Q about fuel filter :
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jsteele22

I've got a '76 with the fuel pump and filter up front. The pump is mounted to the removable bubble panel, but the filter is just plumbed into the rubber lines; otherwise it is free to flop around. Is this normal, or should it be mounted to something as well ?

Thx,

Jeff
URY914
Depends how much it flops around. If it can hit or rub on something that's not good. If it hangs free and it's not to big and heavy you'd be OK.

Best thing is to see if you can take a plastic tie wrap and tie it off to something.
BahnBrenner914
As far as a bracket or something, there isnt anything (not stock anyway) for the fuel filter. There is a pair or metal tabs about 1.5 inches long that can be bent to hold the hose coming in or out of the filter so it doesnt flap around. I just tucked my filter underneath those (for lower center of gravity, ya know av-943.gif ).

Cap'n Krusty
The factory left 'em loose in there. Never heard of one failing because it rubbed or rattled around. The Cap'n
BahnBrenner914
I'd have to say if you can brake a fuel filter in that small space by throwing it around w00t2.gif , you're going to break something else on the car first.
jsteele22
Great, thanks for the answers.

thomasotten
I made mine come down the bottom hole so I could change it without removeing the tank. I clamped the lines down there to the body to keep it away from the steering.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.