Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A few questions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
KaptKaos
I am getting close to installing my new (to me) motor. I have a few questions that I could use some advice with.

The motor I am installing is a 1911 with a carb cam of sort that I got from Grimstead. It came with an .009 dizzy.

1) Which fuel pump should I use in place of the stock FI pump? (I will running 44 idfs)
2) Which dizzy should I run? I have read/heard that I need something like 44 degrees of advance, and I am not sure that I will get that with the .009. I have an .050 too. I know that a mallory is the best choice, but its not in the budget right now.
3) Do I need a breather box? If so, any recommendations?

Thanks in advance.
SGB
CB or Pelican rotary fuel pump.
Either of those Dizzies will work. The 050 is prolly better. You won't need 40 degrees of advancement.
CBs or Empi has a breather box, and it is recommended, but maybe not required if the rings are really good, however, don't leave the oil breather ports down on the heads open. Cornering will make a mess, and won't be the best for the engine either.
KaptKaos
icon_bump.gif

Any other thoughts?
geniusanthony
I set my timing at the case parting line and the middle of the adjacent thick post that seperates the fan halves. If you search the PelicanParts tech sectoin there should be an article with pics. btw my dizzy is presently a 009 until a Mallory goes in.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.