Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 71 914/6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gint
1971 914/6 link

If the VIN number is accurate, it's a 71. You don't see too many of those around. It looks pretty nice too.
Air_Cooled_Nut
Bee-Ee-Ay-utiful interior but where are the tinited windows?
VegasRacer
1971 914-6. #70 out of 443. Rare indeed.

4 speed tranny? Sun roof? Rear disc brakes?
I bet the salesman couldn't find the gas tank or the motor?
Bleyseng
Hmm, painted bumpers, no sail vinyl means a repaint...

No engine shots, darn.

Geoff
Brad Roberts
The interior looks nice. The painted bumpers dont do much for me.

B
biosurfer1
be very careful if anyone is interested, i work for dealerships for 3 years and they are very good at making bad cars look good just to make the sale...
Brad Roberts
It *could* be a 4 speed. Most people that dont know the 914 dont even know it has a dog-leg first.

Here is some tranny info on the 4 speeds. Also note that the ZF limited slip tranny's had a different letter in the part number: HBO instead of HAO.

B
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Dec 17 2003, 12:28 AM)
It *could* be a 4 speed.

...if it's a SportoMatic :-) ... that kind of thing you'd think they'd notice... i had thought the Sports's were early ('70) cars but i realised i don't actually know their distribution through the production run - other than i'd expect them to have been built in a batch ...

stock /6 is pretty gutless off the line in 2nd, but i suppose if you were convinced it had only 4 forward gears you'd just think the car was gutless off the line ...
TJB/914
Hey Guys,

I know the car. It came out of our SMOG area. It's a true 1971 - 914-6. When it came into the dealer it was very ratty. They did a remarkable cleanup and it looks good from 20 ft. I understand the dealer took it in trade & they are into the car for about $15 big ones. It's been there since summer & a good deal could be had. I personally would not buy it, because I want to start with a less expensive car. That being said, it's rare and in a few years the price will look like a bargin.
Rare, Rare, but a money pit to restore.
Tom
Gint
but a money pit to restore.

laugh.gif LOL Thanks Thomas

How well I know...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.