Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Re-upholsterer needed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
geniusanthony
This isn't off topic as I wanted to give the rest of you an introduction to this stuff if you had not thought of it yet. CW need not apply.

Alot of the new Volvo's, the Cayman, higher end autos are now using a fabric called Alcantara on their interior surfaces. The properties seem ideal, as in easy to clean, UV resistant, luxo feel, etc... Have any of our Vendors/members worked with this material before? Better question would they work with it?
Before you ask, Yes, I would love to be a guinea pig for this and donate my interior bits and money to the cause...
All joking aside, I would like to get my dashpad, door panels, seats and misc redone in stitched leather, and alcantara.
If undertaking this venture you'd have awhile to fit this in as once my R and R comes and goes you'd have 8 months before I'd start wanting my pieces back...
geniusanthony
Slightly OT, anybody seen or done their interior in black and tan/camel.
maybe you got some pics to share???
boxstr
I have seen some street rods with this material. The owners like it and they say it is less $ than real leather and will ast longer and not dry out like leather can on an open car.
If you can, Tijuana seems to be a good place to get interiors done for a very good price. Not sure if they are using the material you want. You supply the material and they the labor. One of the SoCal members might be able to throw some light on this. Or maybe Dr Evil.
CCLINSEATFORTWO
TravisNeff
T H O M A S covered the dash in his old -6 conversion car in alacantra. Joe Sharp now has that car.
geniusanthony
Doesn't someone, I am thinkin Dr.Evil recover dashes in stitched leather or who else has experience in this.

Other uphosterers, who would like to undertake this?
sean_v8_914
Los Pancho in TJ/MX does a fine job. that's who most of us have used before. I'll ask if they have any or if they can get it. I'll be going down in a few days. Ill even help ya as long as i'm not steppin on any club members toes. is your core dash cracked?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.