Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Drive your Porsche at 180mph
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DonTraver
My Doctor sent this to me, love it, wanna go for a ride. driving.gif

http://www.jalopnik.com/cars/nascar/haas-b...nnel-252670.php
BigDBass
It sure would suck if that thing locked up and you went flying through the air at 180mph!
balljoint
Look at that treadmill! Wow. That plane will never get off the ground.

Very cool.

stan.gif
sww914
A video of a failure would sure be interesting!
IronHillRestorations
If you look closely you can see what look to be attachment cables.
914nerd
That's because the car is just being set on top of the moving belt and held in one place
Air is then being blown in from the front and the aero of the car can be looked at
The treadmill is a solution to laminar flow problems that occur in a wind tunnel with the vehicle simply sitting on unmoving ground
I don't believe the car is even running, just having the "ground" dragged along underneath it
highways
$5 bucks says the plane never gets off the ground. The brakes will overheat... it doesn't even have wings, and the treadmill guy is bidding on ebay when he's supposed to be watching the temp gauge.
URY914
Seems a little odd that the guy is using a folding table and is 10' from a loud, moving piece of heavy equipment.
BMXerror
QUOTE(URY914 @ Jul 27 2007, 01:23 PM) *

Seems a little odd that the guy is using a folding table and is 10' from a loud, moving piece of heavy equipment.

It's Nascar... What more do you expect. It doesn't matter how much money or how many borrowed F1 engineers they throw at it, it's still a series run by a bunch of rednecks. biggrin.gif My $.02 poke.gif
Mark D.
IronHillRestorations
Yes, so they can figure out how to turn in more than one direction!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.