Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Windshield Trim Ideas / Pics
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
7TPorsh
Other than the stock trim with clips and all; and, other than the generic black seal being sold here and ebay...what are my choices? confused24.gif

i like the stock look but don't want to pay those prices. Are there seals out there that have some "shiny" in them?

Don't the old bugs have a strip of chrome embedded within the seal?

The car will be black with chrome bumpers and all the trim so I would like to have something chrome around the front glass.

Also how do you mask off the border for the "frit?" paint? Rounded, squared? how far from the edge? Do they sell dotted matrix tape i could use?

Please post some pics of how you did your glass.

BTW, getting a tinted windshield (pickup in San Fern. Valley) for $210; they have quite a few-aftermarket brand.
PRS914-6
We just installed my windshield last weekend. I would stick with a PPG. I paid $196.00 for mine

I had a glass guy come over and help me install it. He black primered the inside by freehand about 3/4". I could not have taped it off and had it look as good as he did.

A "V" bead of urethane and it was in. I'm glad I had an expert help me with it since he knew exactly how big of a bead to use and no excess oozed into the clip area

I used the stock trim (new). Black car and I also felt it needed a little "something" to break it up.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.