Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Found a fellow 914 enthusiast in Tehachapi
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Allan
Driving back from a project site I happened to spot a red 914 up ahead in the road. Thought I would stalk, er, follow him and introduce him to the club.

Stealthily tailing the victim, er, car.
Allan
Caught up with him in a K-Mart parking lot. I wish I wasn't so bad with names. headbang.gif Nice guy. Said he has had the car since 1980 IIRC. Very clean '73 2 liter.

I told him all about the club so hopefully he'll stop by soon. bye1.gif
BMXerror
Beautiful car. wub.gif I didn't know you lived in Tehachapi. Maybe next time I'm headed to Buttonwillow we can meet up and beerchug.gif I like Tehachapi. Nice place. thumb3d.gif
Mark D.
will
I grew up in tehachapi. I might move back one day. Very nice place to live.
BMXerror
SSSHHHHH!!!! We don't want everybody moving there. Keep it small and quaint so I can setup my race shop there someday and still stand to live there.
Mark D.
McMark
I bought my first 914 in Tehachepi.

IPB Image
IronHillRestorations
Isn't that where Mark Stephens High Performance was? I had a few sets of heads done by them about ten years ago. They went toes up and never heard what happened.
Allan
QUOTE(BMXerror @ Jul 27 2007, 05:47 PM) *

I didn't know you lived in Tehachapi. Maybe next time I'm headed to Buttonwillow we can meet up and beerchug.gif I like Tehachapi. Nice place. thumb3d.gif
Mark D.

I don't. I live in the beautiful flat lands of Bakersfield but if ya still wanna stop by for a beer.gif it's always cold...
DanT
I lived in Tehachipi for 1 year from '78-'79.

My first job after dental school, was working in an office there.
Was down town on Green Street IIRC.

Dentist I worked with was born and raised there also.

He was into Porsches, first a very nice '69 912 and then a brand new '78 911SC
in bright yellow.

Very nice little town...back then the towns folk didn't allow any big retailers in town.
Had to go to Bakersfield or Lancaster for your major shopping. smile.gif
Porsche Rescue
Never been there but I bought this six from there about 4 years ago.

Click to view attachment
Allan
QUOTE(Porsche Rescue @ Jul 28 2007, 03:14 PM) *

Never been there but I bought this six from there about 4 years ago.

Click to view attachment

IIRC, the motor in that car was rebuilt by a friend of mine named John who owns Stockdale Electrical & Automotive.

Nice guy and knows these cars. He did a really nice /6 conversion WITH a/c a few years ago.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.