Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chesapeake Challenge
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
zymurgist
I was perusing the latest Pano in the reading room this morning, and I ran across a notice for "Chesapeake Challenge." I quote:

Chesapeake Challenge set for September 14-16 in Maryland

Chesapeake Region presents the 38th Chesapeake Challenge at Turf Resort, Ellicott City, Maryland, September 14-16. This year's Challenge honors the "Gone but Not Forgotten" with special recognition to owners of 914, 924, 944, 968, and 928 models. The oldest running PCA multi event weekend, the Challenge features a traditional complement of both competitive and social events, to include an alfresco welcome party on Friday night followed by a concours and car show on the lush greens of the Turf Valley Country Club on Saturday morning. Saturday afternoon will see you and your Porsche enjoying a gimmick rally amidst the delightful country roads of Howard and Carroll Counties with a lush awards banquet on Saturday night. Sunday's Potomac-Chesapeake Autocross series event at Ripken Stadium [note: NOT anywhere near Howard County -kkm] is open to all Challenge participants. Don't pass up the best multi-event weekend on the East Coast! [Contact info not copied to prevent the recipient from getting spammed -kkm]

Seems that the mid-Atlantic is getting car shows to the point where they are starting to cannibalize each other. I see this with Corvette shows... even though I am not active in my club, I hear of reduced turnout at some of our shows due to bigger, more established shows elsewhere in the area. That said, I have to wonder if we can (or should) do something to attract any 914 owners who may be going to Ellicott City to drop by the ECC, if only to say hi along the way to wherever they are going. I've been to 2 ECC's and they are great low-key events; great meet-n-greets for folks who wrench on their own cars. Never having been to the Chesapeake, I don't know if it's a wine and cheese crowd, but I would guess that it is, since they're having it at Turf Valley. Of course, the ECC is for any 914 people, whether they actually own a 914 or not.

My main motivation is to get a whole bunch of 914s together for a photo op. Really, that's about it.

Thoughts?
Rick L
WTF.gif sad.gif

Let me see if I can get hold of the coordinators for this event and get more details. At the very least we can probably get a flier together for distribution at the Challenge. With any luck we can get a list of expected attendees for invitations to swing by the ECC.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.