Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pictures of chrome grill ala JPB!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JPB
This is Jim Kelly's grill which has been ceramicated and polished to a blingadyblingbling shine! OOOOOoooh, Jimmyyyyyyyyy. happy11.gif

If you want one, it will cost you $150 each set; sent back to you insured with USPfedexups. Thats the three pieces on one car home skillets and need at least five sets to make a trip to da blingbling shop. Call your friends and make it happen! Gluck all a yall. beer.gif
JPB
sheeplove.gif OOOOOOOh yaaa Baby; thats the spot!
JPB
sheeplove.gif I am so there. Don't stop! Don't stop! Bhhhhahhahah?
Aaron Cox
so is it chrome or ceramic coating or powdercoat?

i have seen triple chrome plate rust within a few years on a grill before sad.gif
JPB
Ceramic bro. It won't rust. This stuff is baked on and impregnates the steel. It leaves no film "millage" and will not peel even after ponding and tearing from a sledge hammer. One thing is that it needs to be treated and taken car of like aluminium wheels. This means one MUST never use costic solutions on it. Mother's polish is the best stuff to give it a serious shine. beer.gif

This stuff is also made to be used in the harshest environment know on your car which is the intense cooling and heating of your exhaust pipes during the hottest and coldest tempuratures and they don't rust with this stuff. Waha!
type47
sounds like the process should be applied to fog light grills.. idea.gif
So.Cal.914
Sounds like the process should be applied to the whole body.
euro911
I just spent hours bead-blasting my grilles and then clear-coated them. I like the contrast (on a dark colored car) but didn't want them too 'blingy'.

My Pic shows the moire effect, they look better in person

The coated ones do look nice though popcorn[1].gif
DonTraver
If it rusts, it was NOT triple plated, it was flash plated. The first time I rebuilt my bike, I had all the chrome triple plated, that was almost 20 years ago, it still looks new.

The chrome grill on my 914-6 was done over 6 years ago, still looks new.

If it rusts, someone lied.
JPB
Ya gitn what ya pay fer ladies. Imsa givin sum naz stufinheeah! beer.gif
edrotol
QUOTE(JPB @ Jul 29 2007, 10:41 AM) *

This is Jim Kelly's grill which has been ceramicated and polished to a blingadyblingbling shine! OOOOOoooh, Jimmyyyyyyyyy. happy11.gif

If you want one, it will cost you $150 each set; sent back to you insured with USPfedexups. Thats the three pieces on one car home skillets and need at least five sets to make a trip to da blingbling shop. Call your friends and make it happen! Gluck all a yall. beer.gif

Do you have just the 2 sides available. I have the main grille chromed just sitting around and I need to have the side to match. If so how much.
JPB
I have two sides. They will look more like polished aluminum rims or your car's chrome trim than chrome bumpers. If you wants PM me and we negotiate. beer.gif
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Jul 30 2007, 08:17 AM) *

Sounds like this process should be applied to MY body. Might cover up the unsightly spider veins in a 60 year old bod. Does it hurt?
Pat
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Aug 5 2007, 06:49 PM) *

QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Jul 30 2007, 08:17 AM) *

Sounds like this process should be applied to MY body. Might cover up the unsightly spider veins in a 60 year old bod. Does it hurt?
Pat

Only at first, but Pat then you wouldn't be original... poke.gif
jimkelly
jpb - what can i say - you are one sick blinging crazy ass puppy

i mean that in a good way : )

jimmy
JPB
QUOTE(jimkelly @ Aug 6 2007, 05:25 PM) *

jpb - what can i say - you are one sick blinging crazy ass puppy

i mean that in a good way : )

jimmy

Can I hand these to you at the ECC my brother? beer.gif
jimkelly
it will be an honor : )

pray.gif
JPB
OOOh ya, I'm locked in like the zip side on the lock side bro. beer.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.