Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Irate E-Mail about AA
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
shelby/914
I got an E-mail yesterday from AA about a blue 914 they have for sale. There was a pretty long list of addresses. Guess someone REALLY got upset about being on their mailing list, so he write a nasty little reply involving George's wife. Now I could give a fat rats ass either way, because I do not share an E-Mail account with my wife or kids, but some members may. You really need to think before hitting the send button. chair.gif
McMark
And AA really needs to think about using a more sophisticated SPAM software so that they don't expose their customers email addresses. Any business that collects customer information has a duty to protect that information from possible misuse. Sending out everyone email address is bad news.
jonferns
I also got one..

And AA really needs to think about using a more sophisticated SPAM software so that they don't expose their customers email addresses. Any business that collects customer information has a duty to protect that information from possible misuse. Sending out everyone email address is bad news.

agree.gif -JON
majkos
Can we banned AA? aktion035.gif

"They're no friends of mine" dry.gif
orthobiz
I didn't get one. I feel left out.

biz
SirAndy
QUOTE(McMark @ Jul 29 2007, 01:15 PM) *

And AA really needs to think about using a more sophisticated SPAM software so that they don't expose their customers email addresses.

uhm, it's called BCC (Blind Carbon Copy) and *any* email program on this planet has that option ...
cool_shades.gif Andy
JPB
Is this anal seapage from within AA?
davep
I got the email, and I might be able to line someone up with the car.
BCC would have been a good idea.
Rating and raving about such things is not good.
EdwardBlume
Can someone post the email? Why not?
brer
I own all your addresses.

blink.gif
zymurgist
I'm in ur e-mail spamming ur doodz!
URY914
It was just a matter of time before this happened.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
That e mail was from my PERSONAL correspondance, people who I personally in the past e mailed. I have many many interested in cars (the vast majority) and actually spent three hours one night editing the list to make it purer. Some who are not interested in cars got it but not that many, and being an non computer guy was surprised that I was able to do it at all!
These cars are too hard to come by and to precious to spam anyone about them. Please again write me personally if you received one of my personal list e mails and I will edit your name from my address book. It is that simple.
For those of you who received the email in error I am sorry, but at least you can enjoy the pics of a great 914.
Also please by all means e mail me if you would like to be eliminated from our great new 914 catalog mass mailing. We CERTAINLY do not want to spend money sending a 914 catalog to a sourpuss!
xperu
Hey George, how do I get on the list, I would like to receive the Catalog and Photos. popcorn[1].gif
rmital
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jul 30 2007, 09:45 AM) *

.....at least you can enjoy the pics of a great 914.

nice 914....
I wish I had the funds. I'm waiting for one of those $500 west coast 914's that are complete and just need a little TLC to get'em going.
balljoint
QUOTE(zymurgist @ Jul 30 2007, 06:48 AM) *

I'm in ur e-mail spamming ur doodz!

chairfall.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(xperu @ Jul 30 2007, 08:01 AM) *

Hey George, how do I get on the list, I would like to receive the Catalog and Photos. popcorn[1].gif

you nice man! I have a personal address book that includes everyone to whom I have sent and e mail and then in that a group of people who are always looking for 914s and other Porsches to buy. Although everyone of the addresses are people who e mailed me and to whom I have replied my edited list was not pure and a few got the email who were not interested in porsches to buy. There are just so few that I would ever recommend that I seldom see one that I can actually promote!!!!!

EVEN YOU CALIFORNIA BOYS WOULD REMARQUE AT HOW RUST FREE THIS ONE REMAINS AFTER ALL OF THESE YEARS!!!!

Anyone is welcome to e mail me at dr914@autoatlanta.com at any time and just say that they are interested in 914s (or any other Porsche for that matter) and I will put you on my personal list (although the emails will be few and far between!!!!!)!
SirAndy
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jul 30 2007, 05:45 AM) *
and being an non computer guy was surprised that I was able to do it at all!

hey george,
next time, simply send the mass-email to yourself as the main "TO:" address and put everybody else into the "BCC:" field ...

that way, nobody who gets the email can see any of the other recipients.

if i understand the issue correctly, that was one of the main complaints, you were basically giving out all those email addresses to everybody else on the list.

bye1.gif Andy

PS: if you're using microsoft outlook, you must enable the view of the BCC field first. to do that, open a new message, then click on the "View" menu and select "BCC Field". this will enable the BCC field for use.
brer
Man, tech support here is good.

BahnBrenner914
I dont think alot of people care too much about a 'spam' email as much as getting the wrong part (been there, done that dry.gif ) or no part (double dry.gif dry.gif ) and still getting charged for it.

but that's been ranted over plenty i'm sure dead horse.gif
shelby/914
I was mox nix about getting Georges spam e-mail. I just thought that the guy who replied to to it should have sent his rantings only to George and not the entire mailing list. Especially since he "cutied" up the origional by stating the he wouldn't buy a car from AA even if Georges wife would s--- his c---. This is a family friendly site not the sand box.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(shelby/914 @ Jul 30 2007, 01:08 PM) *

I was mox nix about getting Georges spam e-mail. I just thought that the guy who replied to to it should have sent his rantings only to George and not the entire mailing list. Especially since he "cutied" up the origional by stating the he wouldn't buy a car from AA even if Georges wife would s--- his c---. This is a family friendly site not the sand box.

And I have no idea who the guy is and do not have that e mail in my personal address book. "go figure"
ConeDodger
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jul 30 2007, 01:19 PM) *

And I have no idea who the guy is and do not have that e mail in my personal address book. "go figure"

I can think of several cars I would buy from George without the ah hem... favors described. Trouble is I would win two bets. First bet is that George does not want to sell them, second is that if he would I don't have the chaching he would be asking!!!
TROJANMAN
QUOTE(shelby/914 @ Jul 30 2007, 12:08 PM) *

I was mox nix .............

Danny,
I think you're dating yourself with that one slits.gif

laugh.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Seriously i am looking for volunteers to help prepare the 914 contingent of cars for the historic display at the rennsport reunion in November. Get them running make them perfect etc etc. Plenty of fun and games for all! 914 sporto m-471 motortrend car and the willow green six!

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jul 30 2007, 05:27 PM) *

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jul 30 2007, 01:19 PM) *

I can think of several cars I would buy from George without the ah hem... favors described. Trouble is I would win two bets. First bet is that George does not want to sell them, second is that if he would I don't have the chaching he would be asking!!!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.