Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: V8 guys, check out what I just won on evilbay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jasons
Check out these items I just won.....

Crankshaft....

Rods....
Crazyhippy
About how much easier life would have been if you had bought 2 more pistons?

jasons
QUOTE(Crazyhippy @ Jul 29 2007, 05:48 PM) *

About how much easier life would have been if you had bought 2 more pistons?

You're thinking 4.3 V6?

Try again, its an L99 4.3L V8 AKA the baby LT1. The key here is, I only bought the crank and rods... Well the pistons too, but I don't care about them.
Crazyhippy
It costs the same $$ to build a SBC, and you can get Sooo much more out of it.

Or you can build to the HP the 6 is going to give you for less $$$

I'm all for creative thinking, and interesting ideas, but this one doesn't seem to have an upside.

BJH
drive-ability
I think he's thinking D-stroke, something is tickling me in the back of my head saying short stroke small block and big displacement
jasons
QUOTE(drive-ability @ Jul 29 2007, 06:30 PM) *

I think he's thinking D-stroke, something is tickling me in the back of my head saying short stroke small block and big displacement

Yup, I bought an unused RH kit with a 1 piece rear seal 9" FW. The same guy I bought the kit from has an 86-92? 1 piece rear seal 350 core. Add this crank and rods, box stock flat-top 350 pistons, and I have a late model 302 SBC.

3" stroke by 4" bore = 302
drive-ability
QUOTE(jasons @ Jul 29 2007, 07:08 PM) *

QUOTE(drive-ability @ Jul 29 2007, 06:30 PM) *

Yup, I bought an unused RH kit with a 1 piece rear seal 9" FW. The same guy I bought the kit from has an 86-92? 1 piece rear seal 350 core. Add this crank and rods, box stock flat-top 350 pistons, and I have a late model 302 SBC.

3" stroke by 4" bore = 302

If you do, it build it right, that will run great in a light car. I wanted to go that way but just didn't want to spend the money... driving.gif
jasons
QUOTE(drive-ability @ Jul 29 2007, 09:52 PM) *

If you do, it build it right, that will run great in a light car. I wanted to go that way but just didn't want to spend the money... driving.gif

What do you think would be the right way?
marks914
Thats the route I was going to go before I found a 1178 crank. Should be no problem to put together, you will need 350 pistons with a pin heignt of 1.5 in i think because the rod length is 5.94 inches I think with 58 CC heads the CR is around 9.5:1
I could not be happier with my SBC 302, it was the right thing to do for the car.
You wil probably have to go hydraulic on the cam, which will limit you to 6500 RPMs or so.

mark
jasons
QUOTE(marks914 @ Jul 30 2007, 09:30 AM) *

Thats the route I was going to go before I found a 1178 crank. Should be no problem to put together, you will need 350 pistons with a pin heignt of 1.5 in i think because the rod length is 5.94 inches I think with 58 CC heads the CR is around 9.5:1
I could not be happier with my SBC 302, it was the right thing to do for the car.
You wil probably have to go hydraulic on the cam, which will limit you to 6500 RPMs or so.

mark

I *think* and correct me if I'm wrong, all of the 87-92 engines are roller cams? But still, I would just go hydraulic roller. I'm not looking for a screamer, just a good match for the 901. 6500 sounds perfect.

What about pistons, cast or hypereutectics?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.