Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: All Air Cooled Gathering-Sept. 16th
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jonferns
2007 All Air Cooled Gathering, looks like a really cool event. Show and swap meet, camping the night before. Proceeds go to help a local boy who has CHARGE syndrome. Last year (I wasnt there) there were a few teeners there, it would be awesome to take up a nice spot on the grass....

My dad and I will definetly be there, any other NJ/NY/PA guys going?

heres the website for the event: www.allaircooledgathering.com

posting in advance to get it out there aktion035.gif
type11969
I will be there, may even camp. Sucks it is the same weekend as the ECC, but I may go to the ECC then drive straight back to the AACG. Any interest in a caravan from the ECC to the AACG??

-Chris
rmital
QUOTE(sendjonathanmail @ Jul 30 2007, 12:13 AM) *

, it would be awesome to take up a nice spot on the grass....

...I'm going to try to make it up there on Sunday...it'd be a nice ride for a Sunday afternoon up in that area.
type11969
Yeah, you guys should show up so that the 914 judging is a little more competitive this year . . . Don't let Leo walk away with first by default again!
jonferns
icon_bump.gif
drewvw

that's the weekend after Watkins Glen (another awesome gathering) but it might be doable...
Leo Imperial
QUOTE(rmital @ Jul 30 2007, 11:41 AM) *

QUOTE(sendjonathanmail @ Jul 30 2007, 12:13 AM) *

, it would be awesome to take up a nice spot on the grass....

...I'm going to try to make it up there on Sunday...it'd be a nice ride for a Sunday afternoon up in that area.

beer.gif

Click to view attachment
jonferns
Were you the only teener? laugh.gif
i love porsche
i believe ill be at pocono that weekend...so have fun without me
tod914
was fun last year... this time ill show up in the early afternoon as opposed to O dark 30 tongue.gif
Danny_Ocean
Sounds like a fun event. Are oil-cooled cars allowed?
jonferns

confused24.gif

Leo Imperial
QUOTE(sendjonathanmail @ Aug 6 2007, 09:15 PM) *

confused24.gif

-JON

poke.gif - What fluid in your car is cooled by air....
Danny_Ocean
QUOTE(Leo Imperial @ Aug 6 2007, 10:18 PM) *

QUOTE(sendjonathanmail @ Aug 6 2007, 09:15 PM) *

confused24.gif

-JON

poke.gif - What fluid in your car is cooled by air....

Air blows through the radiator in my water-cooled cars...does that make them air-cooled? Air blows through the "oil-cooler" on our cars. They are are oil-cooled.
type11969
The majority of the heat in the engine is taken out of it through the air blowing over the heads, cylinders, etc . . . beyond that fact the generally accepted term for cars with big fans, no radiators, and no coolant is air-cooled. Anyway, any air-cooled car as described above is welcome to the event. What are you thinking about bringing?

-Chris
jonferns
icon_bump.gif
Spoke
Why do events always seem to fall on the same days? The ECC is the day before. Hmmm, I guess I could make both events...

Flanders is near my old stomping grounds from '81-'84 when I lived in Budd Lake and worked for Bell Labs in Whippany.

Spoke
type11969
Happened last year too unfortunately but at least they are more or less on different days . . . I'm going to try to make both I think
jonferns
1 month icon_bump.gif
jonferns
Is advance registration necessary?
type11969
Nope, come as you are
jonferns
icon_bump.gif
jonferns
icon_bump.gif
jonferns
9 days icon_bump.gif
jonferns
1 week

icon_bump.gif

rmital
...so Jon...you and Manny pulling the tank this weekend, or heading up to Flanders for the Air Cooled Gathering...?
jonferns
Heading up to the AACG

Save the tank for the winter
Leo Imperial
Going up Saturday afternoon. See you guys on Sunday... No 914 just the bus

Ray I'n not bring the 914, so you will have a chance at best in class
rmital
Beautiful day at the AACG...weather was great, lots of VWs and a few porsches.
My contribution to the show
jonferns
ok, some pics of the event....I have lots more, will upload tomorrow.....

IPB Image

my car
IPB Image

ours and rays car
IPB Image

IPB Image

the three teeners
IPB Image
rmital
..my favorite
rmital
I had my wife and daughters with me....13 year old preparing for future purchase, I think she caught the air cooled bug....
rmital
show off.....
jonferns
bumper stickers......

IPB Image
rmital
I'm sure Jon will post a ton more pics....

I would like to say again that this event was great. My wife and girls had a great time...and that says a lot cause this was just a "car show".

The vendors were reasonable....actually passing some parts on, no charge.
Lots of cool little VW toys priced to keep Dad happy and the kids even happier.
Friendly car/bus owners to keep the conversation going for 6 hours.
Tons of raffle prizes...I didn't realize my family won 3 nice gifts.

....and all proceeds going to a good cause...a local boy born with a debilitating medical condition.

They seemed to be making an effort to attract more Porsches next year. I hope they succeed.
i love porsche
wow ray, the car looks great with the italian lenses. was that Tod's car next to yours?

looks like it was a fun event, I was driving my 924S at Pocono this weekend, saw a bunch of beautiful 914s there...seems like this weekend was a busy one for everyone!
rmital
QUOTE(i love porsche @ Sep 17 2007, 01:10 AM) *

wow ray, the car looks great with the italian lenses. was that Tod's car next to yours?

...Thanks...and yes, that's Tod's white teener.

...seems like this weekend was a busy one for everyone!

This is a great time of year in this area to be busy outside and "Air-Cooled"..!
type11969
The AACG was great, good to see you Ray and sorry I didn't meet you Jon. I was pretty busy helping my VW club out with the show and cleaning the idle jets in my Beetle. Sucks Leo didn't make it out, Leo, if you are reading this, Matt and Evil say hello (I was down at the ECC saturday, good times). We should get together at some point this fall for a cruise or something. An NEW reunion of sorts? Ray, get that project car and maybe the NEW can have something to work on!

Ray, the website you suggested for finding a VW camper, what is it again?

-Chris

QUOTE(rmital @ Sep 17 2007, 06:33 AM) *

...Thanks...and yes, that's Tod's white teener.

...seems like this weekend was a busy one for everyone!

This is a great time of year in this area to be busy outside and "Air-Cooled"..!

rmital
QUOTE(type11969 @ Sep 17 2007, 11:24 AM) *

Ray, the website you suggested for finding a VW camper, what is it again?

I was just going to EvilBay....link
trying to get an education on prices first.
type11969
I thought there was some classic car website that you thought was good???
rmital
QUOTE(type11969 @ Sep 17 2007, 11:54 AM) *

I thought there was some classic car website that you thought was good???

...man...I just can't recall. All that fresh air, my brain just isn't used to it.
jonferns
IPB Image

IPB Image
tod914
Perfect day, although I got there abit late. I'll post some pics soon as I have time to resize them. Great show btw.
rmital
Tod...did you track those wheels down?
tod914
Hey Ray, I spoke with the guy. It was only a pair. They were not Mahles. Looked like more of wide aluminun vw style set of rims.
jonferns
IPB Image
drewvw

looks like my kind of show...i didn't make it to the litchfield bug inn this year.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.