Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Do we want the WCR in So Cal for 08
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JoeSharp
If we do we had better start getting something together. With Uncle Howie out I loose my grounding source. So we need people to help out with everything. I'm doing the WWC and not sure if I will want to do The WCR. Of course I will help but someone will have to take the controls on this one.
Can we build a Planing Commission for The West Coast Ramble?
Allan
Let me know if there is something I can do to help Joe.
drew365
Too many acronyms for my feeble brain. What's the WWC? Are you promoting wrestling?
JoeSharp
Andrew: I'm putting on an event the weekend of February the 8th, 9th, and the 10th 2008. We will have a meet and greet, an A/X and a drive, car show and dinner. All free, but that is another thread.
JoeSharp
This is not getting much attention.
We need someone to step up and take the wheel.
Allan wants to help, who else is willing to give up endless hours of time and effort, just to provide us with some source for our harassment of you and our own personal enjoyment.
TROJANMAN
JOE
I posted this in the other thread too.

It's not exactly coastal, but I am in the beginning stages of planning a NATIONAL event in Colorado for the summer of '08. I figure if the PNW guys are willing to drive as far as SO CAL and the So Cal guys have made the trip to the PNW, then this is just as good of a location.

The plan is to piggy back THIS EVENT, plus we have some Really nice drives planned. And you get to drive your cars to 14,000 feet We can even do Pikes Peak as an alternative

And by this time next year, we should have our new track online. driving.gif

I was hoping a Colorado location would help bring in some of the guys from the midwest. rolleyes.gif

My thought was with Joe's event in February in So Cal, that this would make a lot of sense.

What do you think?

It would be a family atmosphere event, as their is alot to do here if people want to plan their vacations around the event

This would be a one time thing for CO. I ain't planning it twice
skline
I do not want to start a huge debate or piss anyone off, but a West Coast affair should happen at least close to the West Coast. Where did you want to have it next year? The PNW was too far for me to go last time and I was sad I could not make it but work will not let me go so far for 3 or 4 days. sad.gif If it is on the coast somewhere, I think more people would want to come. It has not yet been in the Actual Southern California area, why not the OC or even San Diego?
So.Cal.914

Actual Southern California area

?
G e o r g e
QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Aug 1 2007, 11:32 AM) *

Actual Southern California area

?

Paul the Area Scott is describing as Socal

is any neighborhood that has or once had the 714, 213 or 619 area code
Demick
SoCal is anywhere South of the Grapevine.
TROJANMAN
QUOTE(Demick @ Aug 1 2007, 11:06 AM) *

So does that make the vacation capital of the world, Bakersfield, part of Northern California? biggrin.gif
Allan
QUOTE(TROJANMAN @ Aug 1 2007, 11:07 AM) *

So does that make the vacation capital of the world, Bakersfield, part of Northern California? biggrin.gif

NO...

After the big earthquake we will be considered part of the central coast... thumb3d.gif

Freaking tourists. They're everywhere...
TROJANMAN
QUOTE(Headrage @ Aug 1 2007, 11:10 AM) *

QUOTE(TROJANMAN @ Aug 1 2007, 11:07 AM) *

NO...

After the big earthquake we will be considered part of the central coast... thumb3d.gif

So right now, you guys are just sitting in purgatory av-943.gif

Say hi to dwight yokum for me.
markb

As a resident of the Central Coast, I agree. It must be all them folk from Bakersfield, Fresno, Tulare...... biggrin.gif
SirAndy
the Slow-Cal guys living up to their reputation! biggrin.gif

hey, wake up! joe needs your help ...
slap.gif Andy
skline
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Aug 1 2007, 11:56 AM) *

the Slow-Cal guys living up to their reputation! biggrin.gif

hey, wake up! joe needs your help ...
slap.gif Andy

I would be more than happy to step up and take the lead, however, I am going through a stage right now in my life where I cannot take on the responsibility of it as I cannot dedicate the time that it truly needs or the resources. I could set up a nice little meeting place for us to have to ourselves with beer and drinks and food in Huntington Beach but that is the extent of it. I just don't have the time right now.
McMark
Let's start somewhere 'easy'. What are some possible dates for the event? Keeping in mind, weather, competing events from other sources (PCA, NASCAR, Santa Claus, etc), and anything else that would make people have to miss out. For example, not Father's Day weekend. pinch.gif laugh.gif
rhodyguy
anything on the pacific side (or close to) of the continental divide is 'west coast' to me. wink.gif night 1 @ lava hotsprings in idaho. night 2 in glennwood hotsprings. day 3 over independance and loveland passes ending with exhausted arms near mary jane. after the event, a speed run to lincoln ne and send the car home on a transporter.

k
markb
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Aug 3 2007, 06:35 AM) *

anything on the pacific side (or close to) of the continental divide is 'west coast' to me. wink.gif night 1 @ lava hotsprings in idaho. night 2 in glennwood hotsprings. day 3 over independance and loveland passes ending with exhausted arms near mary jane. after the event, a speed run to lincoln ne and send the car home on a transporter.

k

And just how many trucks do you think AAA really has? We'd have 914's in shops spread all over creation. biggrin.gif
brer
June is the big VW month. Tons of shows going on then.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.