Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Posche 2 Oxford
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
akellym
I counted 13 914's this year. Doug won the Griot's award and John, Brad and myselft(we got longest drive as well) took Top 35 awards. A very good time biggrin.gif

Now for the bad news... John's new 6 broke down, he had to leave for his mech to pick up. On the the way out of IN mine started acting up. We made it through IN before the drivers side of the motor stop working. Got a hold of Brad Mayuer on Sunday. We were able to limp it to his house(took 7hrs to go 150miles!) The leak down test on all 4 was good, but on the drivers side we only had 60 and 65lbs on compression and the other side was 70 and 85. We should be at 135!! Well it's still at Brad's, we'll be making the trip back this week(8hrs one way) with the trailer. Brad... what can I say, wouldn't take any money and gave us a ride to the airport. He wins the Great guy award! biggrin.gif
akellym
more
akellym
more
akellym
biggrin.gif
akellym
biggrin.gif
akellym
biggrin.gif
akellym
biggrin.gif
Doug Leggins
P2O is a wonderful event. There's beautiful Porsches everywhere and many people really enjoy the 914's. And the 914's do really well at winning awards biggrin.gif

Kelly & John - Sorry to hear about the car trouble.

I forgot to take my camera so I don't have any pics to post. Did anyone else get pics that they can post?

I highly recommend this Porsche show for anyone that can make it next year. It is a really well organized event with fantastic cars, great people and an opportunity to meet more local/regional 914 owners.

beerchug.gif
iamchappy
Kelly sorry to hear about the break down, it has happened to me many a time. I have made quite a few long distance hauls out to the west coast and back in the 914, in the most part i was able to fix it myself on the side of the road, but one of those trips I had to tow my car home behind a uhaul rental truck after I dropped a valve.

Bring her home make er all better.....
Jamie
Enjoyed meeting some of you guys, and I see a shot of me and "Dad's Mistress" as my teener is named. I made the run up from Lexington KY area with 8 other members of Bluegrass Region, and I was in the middle of a bunch of Boxsters and assorted taildraggers, but we held our own on the twisty and wet roads they chose. That's the hardest I've ever pushed the car, and had my rental son(gearhead Subie nephew!) aboard to hold down the R side. Considering Mistress is bone stock and running Mastercraft 165x15 rubber I was well satisfied with the old girl and enjoyed the first driving.gif outing of this type, and it won't be the last.
2pointOH
Kelly--

Sorry to hear about your car but glad to hear that you and Kyle made it home safe!! Mine is still under a cover in Oxford as we speak and is being picked up tomorrow by Tab Tanner. We hit a pretty intense pocket of rain on the way to Oxford and the car got loose and never sounded the same afterwards. Tab thought we might have a valve spring (or worse) problem so to be safe we wrapped her up until we could get her on a trailer home to Tab's shop in Findlay, OH.

For entertainment purposes I also had to scramble to get back to Columbus the next morning by 11:00 AM. Car service to Dayton Airport from Oxford at 8:00 AM: $90. One way rental car from Dayton to Columbus: $51.00. Cell calls chasing down car services, rental car companies and my wife to pick Alex and I up at Budget Rental Car in Columbus: $ 12:00. Spending a weekend with great Teeners and other Porsche owners in Oxford: Priceless!!!!

I may have a few photos to post if I can get them off my phone. The slide show is up on P2O now: http://www.porsches2oxford.com/links/past-...7-slideshow.php

Great seeing you, Kyle, Doug, Van and the other Teeners at P2O 2007 and glad to hear everyone got back home in one piece!!

John

QUOTE(akellym @ Jul 30 2007, 07:55 AM) *

I counted 13 914's this year. Doug won the Griot's award and John, Brad and myselft(we got longest drive as well) took Top 35 awards. A very good time biggrin.gif

Now for the bad news... John's new 6 broke down, he had to leave for his mech to pick up. On the the way out of IN mine started acting up. We made it through IN before the drivers side of the motor stop working. Got a hold of Brad Mayuer on Sunday. We were able to limp it to his house(took 7hrs to go 150miles!) The leak down test on all 4 was good, but on the drivers side we only had 60 and 65lbs on compression and the other side was 70 and 85. We should be at 135!! Well it's still at Brad's, we'll be making the trip back this week(8hrs one way) with the trailer. Brad... what can I say, wouldn't take any money and gave us a ride to the airport. He wins the Great guy award! biggrin.gif

Ferg
Thanks for the Pics, looks like a great event.

Sorry to hear about the car issues Kelly, and others. I hope they are minor and it all works out.

Ferg
2pointOH
Click to view attachment

Here's a shot of my car at P2O sent to me by Richard McGuire. Really was a great show and I highly recommend the event for all Teeners!!

JG

QUOTE(2pointOH @ Jul 31 2007, 09:09 PM) *

Kelly--

Sorry to hear about your car but glad to hear that you and Kyle made it home safe!! Mine is still under a cover in Oxford as we speak and is being picked up tomorrow by Tab Tanner. We hit a pretty intense pocket of rain on the way to Oxford and the car got loose and never sounded the same afterwards. Tab thought we might have a valve spring (or worse) problem so to be safe we wrapped her up until we could get her on a trailer home to Tab's shop in Findlay, OH.

For entertainment purposes I also had to scramble to get back to Columbus the next morning by 11:00 AM. Car service to Dayton Airport from Oxford at 8:00 AM: $90. One way rental car from Dayton to Columbus: $51.00. Cell calls chasing down car services, rental car companies and my wife to pick Alex and I up at Budget Rental Car in Columbus: $ 12:00. Spending a weekend with great Teeners and other Porsche owners in Oxford: Priceless!!!!

I may have a few photos to post if I can get them off my phone. The slide show is up on P2O now: http://www.porsches2oxford.com/links/past-...7-slideshow.php

Great seeing you, Kyle, Doug, Van and the other Teeners at P2O 2007 and glad to hear everyone got back home in one piece!!

John

QUOTE(akellym @ Jul 30 2007, 07:55 AM) *

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.