Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Quick transmission questions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
KaptKaos
I resealed my transmission this weekend with the help of young Aaron.

We took everything out and got it all back together. It didn't look too bad either. biggrin.gif

Question is:

Which way does the differential go back into the case? Big side down? We're 99% sure, but I want to double check. I don't want 5 speeds in reverse.

TIA.
bondo
QUOTE(KaptKaos @ Jul 30 2007, 09:32 AM) *

I resealed my transmission this weekend with the help of young Aaron.

We took everything out and got it all back together. It didn't look too bad either. biggrin.gif

Question is:

Which way does the differential go back into the case? Big side down? We're 99% sure, but I want to double check. I don't want 5 speeds in reverse.

TIA.

The ring gear goes on the driver's side. So I guess that would be "down". You can also verify by noting that the engine turns clockwise when looking at it from the front.
KaptKaos
QUOTE(bondo @ Jul 30 2007, 11:19 AM) *

The ring gear goes on the driver's side. So I guess that would be "down". You can also verify by noting that the engine turns clockwise when looking at it from the front.

The side of the transmission that you can take off is on the passenger side, as that is where the clutch pulley connects. Is that correct? If so, then the ring gear would be on the driver's side, as that was "down" when we dropped the diff through the hole in the side of the case.

Sound right to you?

Thanks!
bondo
Sounds right! (or is that left?) biggrin.gif

Make sure you put it in before the gear stack! (for obvious reasons)
KaptKaos
QUOTE(bondo @ Jul 30 2007, 06:28 PM) *

Make sure you put it in before the gear stack! (for obvious reasons)

Oh yeah, we're good.
Aaron Cox
smile.gif
Brando
Joe! My solid trans mounts are yours. I got 'em off. Shoot me a PM!
KaptKaos
QUOTE(Brando @ Jul 31 2007, 12:46 PM) *

Joe! My solid trans mounts are yours. I got 'em off. Shoot me a PM!

Did they fall off? poke.gif av-943.gif
Brando
Ha ha ha ha ha NO.

They were still attached... The trans is what fell off LOL.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.