Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: alright, i'm going to use the "C" word ...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SirAndy
i'm thinking about driving my 914 out to moab for the red rocks classic this year and one thing i have been thinking about for such a long drive is the fact that i *really* would like a decent "C"up holder ...

i know, i know, the blasphemy! rolleyes.gif

i don't have the stock dash, so the converted ash-tray is not an option. plus, i don't like the stuff sitting up that high anyways.

anybody got any pics of other custom solutions they came up with?
idea.gif Andy
TROJANMAN
This is the ultimate 914 cup holder........ :chug: (anyone know whose car is in the reflection? biggrin.gif)

IPB Image

My dad just uses some cheapy he bought at a FLAPS. It slips between the seat and the center cushion. It seems to work great.

Glad to hear you're making plans for Moab smile.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(TROJANMAN @ Jul 30 2007, 12:04 PM) *

My dad just uses some cheapy he bought at a FLAPS. It slips between the seat and the center cushion. It seems to work great.

FLAPS eh? i have to check that out. that would be perfect as i don't have anything in the center right now ...
idea.gif Andy
G e o r g e
vegas racers

what do i win?
Eric_Shea
Someone had a cool one from a VW Thing. It fits the ashtray plug... I'm hoping they'll weigh in or, you can probably search and find it.
Demick
Andy, if you just want a temporary solution for this trip, this works surprisingly well (no joke):

Although, I don't know if it will work quite so well with combat boots!
Matt Meyer
Blasphemy! And from a German too!!! Tie him to a steak.

Semi-seriously:
I place my drink inside a roll of duct tape set in between the seats. If you can't fix it with duct tape it ain't broke...

The duct tape lifts with the cup (32 & 44 oz) sometimes. Other than that it works really well.

Best part is I don't have to admit to having a cup holder and the duct tape was already there.
So.Cal.914

Tie him to a steak.

jsharp.gif ?
Matt Meyer
QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Jul 30 2007, 01:25 PM) *

Tie him to a steak.

jsharp.gif ?

Freudian slip. It is lunch time here.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Matt Meyer @ Jul 30 2007, 12:37 PM) *

QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Jul 30 2007, 01:25 PM) *

Tie him to a steak.

jsharp.gif ?

Freudian slip. It is lunch time here.

w00t.gif
So.Cal.914
av-943.gif
Ferg
I feel good about this thread, so I drew a picture smile.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Ferg @ Jul 30 2007, 12:45 PM) *

I feel good about this thread, so I drew a picture smile.gif

av-943.gif thumb3d.gif
jsteele22

Somebody at the Atomic Ramble had a pretty impressive cupholder. He was from Texas (Dallas ?) and I'm thinking his name is Michael (?) Did anybody get pics of it ? Our own Howard, upon seeing it, responded with "You've got to admire that man's prostate."
swl
best cup holder is a good looking blonde!
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jul 30 2007, 12:16 PM) *

Someone had a cool one from a VW Thing. It fits the ashtray plug... I'm hoping they'll weigh in or, you can probably search and find it.

wavey.gif That would be me I think. The Link
So.Cal.914

i don't have the stock dash, so the converted ash-tray is not an option. plus, i don't like the stuff sitting up that high anyways.

He has no tray, I like the blonde idea.
rmital
this one works nice for me Link
SirAndy
QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Jul 30 2007, 01:11 PM) *

I like the blonde idea.

does she have to be blonde? i just met this really cute girl, but her hair is black ...
idea.gif Andy
ws91420
Available at FLAPS Wally world and others THE WEDGIE
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jul 30 2007, 02:16 PM) *

I like the blonde idea.

does she have to be blonde? i just met this really cute girl, but her hair is black ...
idea.gif Andy

Blacks Good. smile.gif
Chris Pincetich
I read about duct tape as a cupholder on this site over a year ago.
I've had the same roll in my 914 ever since! beerchug.gif
I put it forward of the shifter, because when in the center console positio I would bump it with my elbow. The roll is a little sticky at first, which holds it on to the carpet! AND a new, fat roll serves as a great drip catcher - mine is lined with coffe stains. Maybe you'll go with racers' tape in red beerchug.gif
Cap'n Krusty
This is getting waaaaaaaaaaayyy to complicated. Here's one that can be easily switched between cars, is cheap, and has the added benefit of helping the owner keep a cool head ................

The Cap'n
derekdenman
I bought a cheap plastic unit that I thought would squeeze into the center between the seats. It has two cup holders and a center compartment. I just put that in the passenger seat. If I don't plan on using it is stays in the front trunk. Its not pretty but perfect for a road trip only type thing. I will post a pic when i get home.
Carl
This one is cheap, cheap and cheap. Best of all, it's cheap.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...p;hl=cup+holder
KaptKaos
IPB Image

Will this work?
davep
A little over-dressed, but not a bad start.
GWN7
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jul 30 2007, 01:16 PM) *

I like the blonde idea.

idea.gif Andy

A good way to end a new relationship is to ask her to take a 1000 mile ride in a 914 biggrin.gif

get a 6 pack cooler and only drink screwtops....should fit between the seats beerchug.gif
Spoke
Did you say you wanted a cup holder or something to hold your cup? I wanted the latter, just something to hold my cup. So I got a piece of 2x6 about 6 inches long and drilled like a 3 inch hole in it with a hole saw. Just threw it on the floor and put a cup in. I would show pics of it but I burned it last year.

Spoke
TROJANMAN
QUOTE(ws91420 @ Jul 30 2007, 01:24 PM) *

Available at FLAPS Wally world and others THE WEDGIE

That's the one my dad has beer3.gif
Ferg
This one may affect your cars corner balance... huh.gif

TROJANMAN
Did you take your funny pills or something this morning? laugh.gif

Go wash your car FERG.gif

tongue.gif
GTeener
QUOTE(rmital @ Jul 30 2007, 02:14 PM) *

this one works nice for me Link

this one doesn't look comfortable for a passenger sad.gif

What about using a Camelback idea.gif
Toast
The "WEGGIE" doesn't fit. I tried it.
Maybe if you didn't have the center pad...confused24.gif

I would totaly give up my center pad for the cup holder that the Texas guy had! aktion035.gif
BahnBrenner914
Yeah, I think that a well insulated holder for the center console that could fit a 2 liter bottle (preferably frozen) and a camelback type drink straw would be really cool for 914 enduro-type-trips. plus it would probably be a good height to rest your right arm on.... idea.gif

By the way, that intellectual property is copyright Aaron Lease 2007. av-943.gif
jonferns
if you want that soda drink hat, I have a local source that sells them for $12, the only place ive ever seen them! -JON biggrin.gif
GTeener
Anyone used one of these products?

http://www.ultimatecupholders.com/index.html
dlo914
IIRC Elliot has these mounted on his doors http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Pool-ping-p...sspagenameZWDVW
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.