Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOT: SirAndy really is a good dude...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
horizontally-opposed
So I got to hang with Andy over the weekend at Thunderhill and it was a blast -- talk about a GREAT guy to have in the pits.

beerchug.gif

Better yet was to see the boys from Jerry Woods Enterprises (one of the West Coast's Porsche institutions) appreciate his handywork (andywork?) with a laptop and his multi-language skillz. Something tells me fun things could be ahead for Andy in NorCal car circles...

It seems our man Andy was hired after meeting Tom van Overbeek during a PPI on Tom's super nice silver 914-6 last week, a meeting that prompted Tom to hire Andy to help out with track support.

And here I was wondering how giant German with a mo-hawk in camo and combat boots meets straight-laced business guy was going to go... biggrin.gif

Thanks again Andy -- it was fun to hang. Only regret was I didn't get a chance to drive your 3.6 -- but there'll be time for that, I suppose...

pete
SirAndy
don't make me blush! biggrin.gif

i posted some pics in the paddock:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=74351

that was a lot of fun, i really enjoyed working on those 911s and the company wasn't too bad either. rolleyes.gif

i'll be back at TH with the team on august 10/11/12 for the PRC race.
it was a lot of fun tossing ideas around with Jerry Woods. it's truly amazing what you can do to a car with just a laptop these days ...

i'm glad you had fun, you had no trouble keeping up with the fast guys, that must have felt guud!
smilie_pokal.gif Andy

QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ Jul 30 2007, 11:58 AM) *

So I got to hang with Andy over the weekend at Thunderhill and it was a blast -- talk about a GREAT guy to have in the pits.

beerchug.gif

Better yet was to see the boys from Jerry Woods Enterprises (one of the West Coast's Porsche institutions) appreciate his handywork (andywork?) with a laptop and his multi-language skillz. Something tells me fun things could be ahead for Andy in NorCal car circles...

It seems our man Andy was hired after meeting Tom van Overbeek during a PPI on Tom's super nice silver 914-6 last week, a meeting that prompted Tom to hire Andy to help out with track support.

And here I was wondering how giant German with a mo-hawk in camo and combat boots meets straight-laced business guy was going to go... biggrin.gif

Thanks again Andy -- it was fun to hang. Only regret was I didn't get a chance to drive your 3.6 -- but there'll be time for that, I suppose...

pete
Eric_Shea
Get a room...
Eric_Shea
Seriously, congrats Andy! smilie_pokal.gif
So.Cal.914
He can work on race cars but he can't design a cupholder? biggrin.gif

OpaAndy's The Best.
carreraguy
Good on you Andy! Maybe Tom can get you on his son's GT-3 team too (Flying Lizard)!
rmital
QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Jul 30 2007, 04:28 PM) *

He can work on race cars but he can't design a cupholder? biggrin.gif

chairfall.gif gotta keep up with all current threads to appreciate...
SirAndy
QUOTE(carreraguy @ Jul 30 2007, 12:58 PM) *

Good on you Andy! Maybe Tom can get you on his son's GT-3 team too (Flying Lizard)!

got to meet Johannes as well, he instructed a few people. he's a really nice guy.

there was a GT3 RS with us too, what a schweet ride!
wub.gif Andy
smj
Wow, way to go Andy! Now, don't forget us little people when you're being interviewed in the pits on SpeedTV... wink.gif
Twystd1
Who is Sir Andy?

C
EdwardBlume
I don't want to see a male euro thong while you are changing tires !!

Congrats!
PRS914-6
QUOTE(Twystd1 @ Jul 30 2007, 10:06 PM) *

Who is Sir Andy?

C

Click to view attachment
So.Cal.914
How can a Guy with a Red racing stripe on his head Not work on race cars?

Have fun Andy...
seanery
andy's one of the good guys....

...congrats on the new gig, I'm jealous as hell!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.