Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone recognize my body kit?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jaybird840
Picked up my first 'teener after lurking here for 9 mo. I feel like I pretty much stole it... Mechanic had about $9K in receipts. Said owner was a big time car collector (Aston Martin, etc.) and had bought it for his grandson. He said make him an offer. I said $3000 and the mechanic called back the next day to say the owner would take it--just wanted to unload it. The only rust is a crunchy spot on the bottom of the right long. Battery tray, hell hole, etc. are all good. Anyway, I haven't seen this body kit anywhere, and I was wondering if someone could help me I.D. it. It appears to be one piece as the spoiler is not removable. I don't know if the whole thing was glassed together after it was installed, or whatever. Any insight you guys can provide would be great. Thanks!

--Jaybird

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Johny Blackstain
welcome.png
You don't have a body kit, you've got a lot of individual parts that have been bonded together. How this was bonded I don't know, but if your flares are fiberglass then they probably used filler to blend the lines away. Front spoiler is an aftermarket LE spoiler w/ vent holes & the back I've never seen. Rockers are also aftermaket. My six used to have both that spoiler & those rockers.
BahnBrenner914
I dont know where it's from, but it looks good anyway, and there's no problems with it it looks like.

and by the way welcome.png
jonferns
custom mud-flaps of course! biggrin.gif -JON
BMXerror
Holy #*%*! You lucky %@#$! drooley.gif Beautiful car for 3K? Good find. Way to lowball. What's she got for engine/drivetrain? Is it as serious as it looks? BTW, welcome.png
Mark D.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Johny Blackstain @ Jul 30 2007, 03:54 PM) *

You don't have a body kit

agree.gif

someone just molded in the spoiler and valance. nice score for $3k!
thumb3d.gif Andy
jonferns
it does look like a very good, sorta great deal....pics, pics, pics! -JON
jaybird840
QUOTE(BMXerror @ Jul 30 2007, 08:02 PM) *

Holy #*%*! You lucky %@#$! drooley.gif Beautiful car for 3K? Good find. Way to lowball. What's she got for engine/drivetrain? Is it as serious as it looks? BTW, welcome.png
Mark D.

Unfortunately, it isn't that serious under the lid yet. It does have factory f/r swaybars and the Fuchs. It's a 75 1.8 converted to dual Dells. It definitely needs tuning as it is pretty sluggish up to about 3500rpm and then goes like hell. I'm still trying to assess what all I've got at this point. A valve adjustment and tune up may reveal more... --Jaybird
rktmn247
Wheels alone could be worth a large portion of what you paid if they are real fuchs. Five lug a plus if it is a conversion and not adapters. Looks good!

welcome.png
G e o r g e
looks like a nice ride
welcome.png
JRust
nice score welcome.png
914Sixer
Hello from over here in Boerne. Fine looking ride.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.