Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT My second cousin died today in Salem, Oregon
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
hwgunner
http://www.statesmanjournal.com/apps/pbcs....UPDATE/70731023

I am not really sure what to say. I hesitated all day to post this but feel like I must say something. I didn’t know him as much as I remember him from when I was a kid. Family get-togethers and such. I know that over the last 20 to 25 years he has really only been in contact with my dad as far as family goes. He would call my dad about every 5 years or so just to say he was fine and see how everybody else was. Both his mother and father and his sister have all passed away years ago and he never had any kids that my dad knows about. He is survived by a couple aunts and an uncle and a couple more cousins. My dad is one of the youngest at age 69. I have talked to my dad a little more about him tonight and it appears that he just loved to travel. He never liked to be tied down to one place very long, and once his family was gone, he just went on a long trip. My dad told me that he had been thinking about him over the last few months and was trying to locate him at several of his favorite places in Alaska and Seattle. He obviously had no luck. My dad also said that he was shocked to find out that he was in Salem because he always went to Alaska for the summer. My father was notified w/in 1.5 hours of the accident…….
messix
he seemed like a true rolling stone.

some times i wish i could live such a free life.

what seems like a tragic sudden end to a adventurous life might be better than a lingering torturous illness in an undignified end to his life.

my sympathy's to those who knew him and his family.
KaptKaos
Sorry for your loss. Seems like he lived the life he wanted, which is a blessing.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.