Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 GT fast road/track suspension settings
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
amallagh
Hi, I'm just about to have the suspension set up on my 914-6 GT project and wanted to see if anyone had any advice. I have never done this before (my first 914) and was looking for a fast road/track set up. I think the range of settings people seem to talk about on Toe and Caster is fairly small but camber settings vary wildly depending on what people want to do and type of tyres.
I know the theory about track set up and measuring temperatures across the width of the tyre but this car will spend more time on the road than track (albeit I could be called a spirited road driver!), and tracktime ain't cheap !
Suspension components are :-
FRONT -
Sway-a-way 22mm hollow torsion bars
Weltmeister 22mm sway bar
Bilstein shocks
Weltmeister camber plates
Fuchs 7X15s with Goodyear Eagle GSD3 205/50s
REAR -
Weltmeister 140lb springs (180lb springs available)
Weltmeister 16mm sway bar
Koni adjustable shocks (yellow)
Stable Energies rear strut tower camber brace.
Weltmeister chassis and suspension arm stiffening kits
Fuchs 8X15s with Goodyear Eagle GSD3 225/50s
Tyres will be

This is what I was planning to do based on some previous indications:-
FRONT -
Toe in(each wheel)- 10'
Camber- 1 degree negative
Caster- 6 degrees
REAR -
Toe in(each wheel)- 15'
Camber- 1.5 degrees negative

#############################################
I think these are the factory settings -
FRONT -
Toe in(combined) 20' +/-10'
Camber- 0 degrees +/-20'
Caster- 6 degrees +/-30'
REAR -
Toe in(each wheel) - 0 degrees +15'
Camber- 30' +/-20' negative
##############################################

I would welcome any advice or opinions. If anyone has any advice on initial settings for the rear Koni shocks then that would be a real bonus. All advice gratefully received and without prejudice.
Andrew
Chris Pincetich
Put those 180 springs in back now, and be prepared to go stiffer when the inside front tire is lifting in corners. At least 200-250 lb springs in back is what most 914 track cars run I think. The size/weight of your engine will be a factor, and I don't think you mentioned it yet. I don't know track like I do autocross, so that is all I can say.

Copy and paste this post into the Paddock Forum and you will quickly get the attention of the 914 racing crowd beerchug.gif
amallagh
Thanks for the advice. Will do. Seems to have got lost on this part of the Site. The traffic is simply amazing !

QUOTE(ChrisNPDrider @ Aug 2 2007, 12:16 AM) *

Put those 180 springs in back now, and be prepared to go stiffer when the inside front tire is lifting in corners. At least 200-250 lb springs in back is what most 914 track cars run I think. The size/weight of your engine will be a factor, and I don't think you mentioned it yet. I don't know track like I do autocross, so that is all I can say.

Copy and paste this post into the Paddock Forum and you will quickly get the attention of the 914 racing crowd beerchug.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.