Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Barn find for the ages!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Dr Evil
Ok, so I have been trying to connect with this friend of mine for a while, but or schedules keep getting mixed up. Why should you care? This guy has some pretty amazing stuff tucked away in his garage and he wants me to help him sell it. What kind of stuff? To be honest, more than I could keep up with when he was reading me off a list of things, but some stuff worth honorable mention:

-914/6 GT M471 (from the factory) that was Garry Wigglesworth's back up car when he raced at Daytona! It last sold for $232,000! All the pieces are there including the extra twin plugged engine. I will have more info on this later...

- $70K worth of parts! Lots of hard to find stuff, wheels of all types, 11 bodies (some running, some not, all solid)

- Lots of 356 parts...too many to list, more info later

- A 67 911 soft window targa, one owner, was recently acquired from a museum, is getting fresh paint, 60K original miles and everything is in excellent condition.

- A 70 911E, with all S options for that year, 2 owner, 42K original miles, paint is getting touched up, in great shape.

And this is just the tip of the iceberg! Honestly, it was hard for me to keep up with the things he has. I am going to his house to take pics and start a list of stuff he wants to sell.

What do I want from you all? Send me your parts requests! I am always interested in keeping our community fed with parts so our cars can stay on the road. I am sure he has what you need, and if not he seem to know someone.

Also, I need your help in finding the best places to list 356 stuff for sale. I am not wise in the ways of the 356. 911 stuff I will likely list on Pelican.

He also has a 1.7 914 with delortos that hauls (yes, a 1.7) and is fully race prepped if anyone is interested.

And, he has an old (70 I thing) FIAT auto that he wants to sell that he is not looking for a fortune for. He said that its weird, but the autos go faster than the sticks and that there is a guy that has been winning some SCC race (forgot which one) every year with a car like this.

More info to come........makes you feel like this chowtime.gif huh?
So.Cal.914
Another birthday present for us Evil? Makes one feel all warm and fuzzy.
SirAndy
if you take two 0's off the price, i'll take the GT!

smilie_pokal.gif Andy
Gustl
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Aug 2 2007, 07:32 PM) *
914/6 GT M471 (from the factory)

would it be possible to get the VIN rolleyes.gif
Gustl
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Aug 2 2007, 07:44 PM) *

I would take it if only one 0 less ...

beerchug.gif Gustl
jimtab
QUOTE(Gustl @ Aug 2 2007, 11:09 AM) *

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Aug 2 2007, 07:44 PM) *

I would take it if only one 0 less ...

beerchug.gif Gustl

agree.gif
brer
Mike,

Please stop trying to unload your junk here.

brer

brer
biggrin.gif
Dr Evil
QUOTE(Gustl @ Aug 2 2007, 03:07 PM) *

Of course! I plan on documenting all of it. All the VINs will be put in our data bank. I am not sure what he wants for the GT, I get the impression that it is some assembly required, but not in need of repair. I may be seeing him Sun.

He also has an original 914/6 with like 5K on it or something like that. I forgot the details, but I know he is gonna sell it eventually, too.

Brer, tongue.gif
Dr Evil
A little more info, this guy is internet illiterate and all of his older friends are as well so he has identified me as the new goto man for decreasing the buildup of parts that they have amassed.
I was like, "well, do you have any sporto trannies? I am looking for one with the longer pinion for a V8 conversion." He was like, "No, but I know a local guy who does." How freaking lucky am I?
McMark
I've been searching for the right early 911 (69-75) and might be interested in a 356 shell. Kick me pricing and picture if possible. biggrin.gif
Dr Evil
Cool, pics will be posted here and pricing will be negotiate after wink.gif

I figure this has more benefits than just selling parts and is why it is here instead of in the classifieds. When I get all the historical, neat stuff cataloged and posted for us to oggle, I'll put a post up in the classified to just pimp parts biggrin.gif
Doug Leggins
I thought of another part that I am looking for. An original black basket weave drivers seat in great condition for a 73 (sewn seams), all vinyl. -thanks
Dr Evil
Gotta PM me big guy. I figure with the PM I get a time stamp in my email in box when I get the notice so I know who asked for what when, and I have a folder with all your requests in it so I can just compile from one area in stead of having to comb through threads, too. wink.gif
eric914
Set of 4 bolt Mahle whells would be nice
Dr Evil
He has them, but you have to PM me or I will forget to look.
Brando
Mike Mueller of the 356 registry would be your best bet for the 356 stuff. Avoid PP or Rennlist, not enough 356ers there.

Not to be confused with our Mike Muller, although they do know eachother.
Dr Evil
Is Mike easy to get a hold of? Do you have contact info for him?
smg914
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Aug 2 2007, 10:32 AM) *

-914/6 GT M471 (from the factory) that was Garry Wigglesworth's back up car when he raced at Daytona! It last sold for $232,000! All the pieces are there including the extra twin plugged engine. I will have more info on this later...

I know the 914-6 GT that Gary owned was 9140431017. Prior to him restoring it back to it's 1971 Daytona livery he autocrossed it in solo II and PCA events. I understand it was sold sometime either before or after he died. I'm not aware of him ever owning a '71 or '72 M471 914-6. I look forward to hearing about it.
Dr Evil
You are now one of the people that I am interested in hearing more from. I am, admittedly, ignorant when it comes to the racing heritage of our cars. Info like you just posted is great for this thread as it will only serve to verify/clarify things that I may miss post.

He bought the car from Garry's family after he died. He mentioned something about the title still being in Garry's company's name, and that his company was in York? Tranz something or other.

My currently missing details will hopefully be rectified soon.
smg914
Mike,
I will be happy to help with any verification you need. Myself and of course Wolfgang should be able to answer any and all questions that may arrise about 914-6 GT's and or M471 optioned 914-6's.
Steve
Gustl
I'll be here boldblue.gif

but for the next 6 hrs I will need yellowsleep[1].gif

wavey.gif Gustl
type47
QUOTE(Gustl @ Aug 2 2007, 11:07 AM) *

the Wigglesworth (RIP) car was the yellow Sunoco GT. i have pix and i think vin somewhere, i'll look.
type47
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Aug 2 2007, 11:45 AM) *

A little more info, this guy is internet illiterate and all of his older friends are as well so he has identified me as the new goto man for decreasing the buildup of parts that they have amassed.
I was like, "well, do you have any sporto trannies? I am looking for one with the longer pinion for a V8 conversion." He was like, "No, but I know a local guy who does." How freaking lucky am I?

this is not Steve Lambert with aircooled(something) just outside harrisburg is it?
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(type47 @ Aug 2 2007, 06:58 PM) *

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Aug 2 2007, 11:45 AM) *

this is not Steve Lambert with aircooled(something) just outside harrisburg is it?

Aircooled Racing.

Hey mike, does he have any windshields worth saving?

Zach
Dr Evil
I would think he does, Zach.

Jim, Steve Lambert bought the car that finished second. This guy is not him, but knows him and his car. The car that this guy has is one that Gigglesworth was building to be an exact replica of the one he drove to win first place. It is yellow, has a twin plugged engine, steel flares, etc. He mentioned that it was brought along as a back up car to the award winning race....unless I miss understood. More details later.

For those of you that PMed me/will PM me, if I dont get back to you dont worry. I am not going to have the time to let everyone know I got their PM. I will make a list of people and parts in the order that they came in and if I find what you need I will let you know biggrin.gif

There has been some pretty intense interest and some unique requests for CW parts biggrin.gif
Red-Beard
Wiring harness?
Dr Evil
QUOTE(Red-Beard @ Aug 2 2007, 08:05 PM) *

Wiring harness?

A voice from beyond? That cant be.....James? Man, that might be harder to get as it takes a lot of work to get one out. But I will of course check biggrin.gif

If anyone wants to post a link to this on the other forums, please do. I in no way want to be exclusionary in this, I just dont have time to post this over and over again.
73Phoenix20
You have a PM!!!
sixnotfour
From Armando's site;
The Daytona Winning Porsche 914-6 GT - sn 914.043.1017

Guest 13-May-2006 18:55
I'd like to let every one know that Gary Wigglesworth,the previous owner of the #5 Daytona winning GT passed away recently.He owned the car for many years before giving me the privledge of owning it.

http://www.pbase.com/9146gt/daytona_winning_9146_gt

It is not this car ,I heard he had another though.Cant wait for more details popcorn[1].gif
914rrr
PM sent for 914 parts.

BTW, I know a guy in Louisville KY (Ken Daugherty) that is heavy into 356's. I can provide his contact info via return PM.
Dr Evil
Ok, WOW! It was not one barn.....it was like 6 and I didnt even get to see all of them because the big stash of cars is in York, 1hr away. This is going to be a several part series as he has sooooo much stuff he even forgets where he has some and what he has. We were trucking along and he was like, "Oh ya, I have 2 911s also." I am down loading pics right now and will post more later.

For most of your parts requests, the answers are yes biggrin.gif I'll address which ones in due time. But, get ready because I will need your best offer on the parts. He is looking to sell for fair prices, though so dont think he believes this stuff is gold plated (although some of it pretty much is).
Dr Evil
Damn pics are taking too long so I will do the posting about the info that I gathered.

About the 914/6 GT from Gary Wigglesworth:

As stated, I may have gotten some facts askew. I have gotten them straight now and here is what I was told. The car was Gary's, he did customize it to be the back up for the famous Daytona run, it has an installed factory M471 package of which I found out today is not a complete package unless it includes the 906 engine (he has the twin plugged 906 that was one of the Daytona engines and is for the car). I spaced and did not get the VIN but will get it tonight or tomorrow (sorry sad.gif ). I have lots of pics coming up of the car. It is solid and has a lot of special touches that Gary did to it. Request shots as I am loosing my mind around all this stuff and it is hard to keep up. This car was not finished and is needing assembly. Also, this car did not sell for the large sum, that was the actual #5. This car is worth some coin, though as the engine alone is worth $50k. He would likely sell it for $100K, but the more he talked to me about it the more he was interested in finishing what Gary started (long time friend of his). I told him he should keep it and have it as one of the ones he keeps.

Another /6 that I need to go see as it is in a museum somewhere, is an original 70, Zambeze green with factory chrome wheels (a $17 option he was telling me) that has only 230 original miles on it (yes, not a typo). He said that the original window stickers were placed on the window behind the driver and were held in place with masking tape. He has the sticker and tape that coiled up after time placed in the door pocket and left the tape residue on the window. I cant wait to see this one.

He has some very special racing parts that he got from Bill Miller when he stopped racing. I have some coil over front struts infront of me right now that he wants me to sell.

He has sooooo many parts and they are not crap either. Like redone MFI set ups, carbs, cylinders, he said he has at least 10 2.0 motors sitting in a ware house near here.

Let me see if I can get the pics up. I need to resize them . The two 914/4s that I saw today were rough, but they are the worst he has he said.
Dr Evil
OK, I called and got the VIN for Gary's car 9140431855 paint code was hard to get at but had a 29 in it. I didnt get any shots of the inside today as we were in a hurry, but I will likely tomorrow. It is supposed to be in pristine shape.

Hell hole and battery tray. Only surface rust.
Dr Evil
Some engine bay shots, check out the odd shifter.
Dr Evil
I dont know what happend to the pics I took of the over all car....I think I was in video mode and erased it headbang.gif I'll get more!

Suspension and a firm long biggrin.gif
Dr Evil
Here are some shots of the 67 911 targa soft window just before paint. A really nice car. The odo is correct biggrin.gif
Numbers in the door jamb are: 500703 and 97, 30868L
What was the original colo called? Is it polo red? This car will be show quality when done and as such he is looking around $45K for it.
Dr Evil
You wan sumore!?
Dr Evil
And the rest
Dr Evil
Some asked about the FIAT that he is selling. It is an 80 spyder convertible auto. I didnt see it yet, though.
Dr Evil
So then we went to his parts hauler....basically, if it is in the frame, it is for sale....even the hauler itself (nice truck).
Dr Evil
I can take better pics of the front coilovers, they are in my livingroom biggrin.gif
Dr Evil
He has some NOS stuff in wrappers, even targa seals! Here are some sail trim pieces and some front windshield pieces. (yes, if you asked for these I have you on the list and you will get an email soon).

Also not pictured is a NOS /6 oil tank

The MFI system is rebuilt and complete! He has 2
Dr Evil
Truck is for sale, too! this is just the tip of the iceburg as far as parts. He has a stash of just wheels somewhere.
Dr Evil
He also left a set of 356 carbs with me to sell. Air boxes too! I need to get on that eventually.
VaccaRabite
Mike, when you go tot he shop in York, for gods sake pick me up along the way.

Zach
scotty b
About the Am stuff I mentioned. I am looking for a Model A pickup or Tudor or Fordor. A 38 Ford pickup OR a 48-53 Chevy pickup. And pick me up on the way too biggrin.gif

First pick is the 38 Ford, second is the 48-53 Chevy, Now I go put bullet in my head. bye bye.
nein14
sweet!
nein14
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Aug 6 2007, 02:04 PM) *

Damn pics are taking too long so I will do the posting about the info that I gathered.

About the 914/6 GT from Gary Wigglesworth:

As stated, I may have gotten some facts askew. I have gotten them straight now and here is what I was told. The car was Gary's, he did customize it to be the back up for the famous Daytona run, it has an installed factory M471 package of which I found out today is not a complete package unless it includes the 906 engine (he has the twin plugged 906 that was one of the Daytona engines and is for the car). I spaced and did not get the VIN but will get it tonight or tomorrow (sorry sad.gif ). I have lots of pics coming up of the car. It is solid and has a lot of special touches that Gary did to it. Request shots as I am loosing my mind around all this stuff and it is hard to keep up. This car was not finished and is needing assembly. Also, this car did not sell for the large sum, that was the actual #5. This car is worth some coin, though as the engine alone is worth $50k. He would likely sell it for $100K, but the more he talked to me about it the more he was interested in finishing what Gary started (long time friend of his). I told him he should keep it and have it as one of the ones he keeps.

Another /6 that I need to go see as it is in a museum somewhere, is an original 70, Zambeze green with factory chrome wheels (a $17 option he was telling me) that has only 230 original miles on it (yes, not a typo). He said that the original window stickers were placed on the window behind the driver and were held in place with masking tape. He has the sticker and tape that coiled up after time placed in the door pocket and left the tape residue on the window. I cant wait to see this one.

He has some very special racing parts that he got from Bill Miller when he stopped racing. I have some coil over front struts infront of me right now that he wants me to sell.

He has sooooo many parts and they are not crap either. Like redone MFI set ups, carbs, cylinders, he said he has at least 10 2.0 motors sitting in a ware house near here.

Let me see if I can get the pics up. I need to resize them . The two 914/4s that I saw today were rough, but they are the worst he has he said.

Here is some updated info on the Yellow 914/6 backup car of Gary Wiggleworth's.

My info source is someone who worked with Gary and is very knowledgable of the car, it is a 914/6 yellow roller with steel flares in the rear and has fiberglass flares on the front. There was a pair of steel flares for the front when the car was recently sold a couple of years ago prior to all of Gary Wiggleworth's inventory being auctioned off for pennies on the dollar.

The car is not a factory M471 package which even if it is being sold with the 906 motor make the car worth a whole lot less than $100k. IMHO maybe $40K if it is a complete 906 motor.
dgw
Why don't you just boot medical school and go into the car and parts business. Between this and the umpty window bus and the VW pickup, you should be able to live comfortably.

the VW pickup would be cool.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.