Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GT FLARED - AIR Front Spoiler
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Member Vendors
Twise
I recently embarked (three years ago) on a complete re-build of my 1974 914 1.8 litre. As I have posted previously, I am nearing completion (haha). A very capable long time fabricator here in our neck of the woods (socal) helped me to sort out the crappy fiberglass rockers and spoilers that are the bane of ay 914 GT conversions exsitence.

John Cato is the name of the fabricator I speak of. Some of you will recognize the name and say, "I thought he stopped working on Porsches?" Well he did a little bit, but my dad twisted his arm and here we are. John took the crap that was the front spoiler and fixed it up nice for my purposes. So nice that he, on my urging, splashed it and is able to offer it to you. The piece is very affordable at $395.00 including shipping in the US. The pictures below show how nice the piece came out and John is a very credible guy. You can reach him at 888-757-4747. Normal West Coast Business Hours.

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
jim_hoyland
Nice job. How are you doing the rockers ?

Where is John located ? City...
Twise
The rockers are glass and were already flared - I just could not find a flared front spoiler. In fact, I couldn't find one without the front cooler opening. John is located in Valley Center CA - northeast of San Diego.
John
Looks good.

Is there one with the GT oil cooler cutout? Or one that actually looks like a GT?
Twise
QUOTE(John @ Aug 24 2007, 08:00 AM) *

Looks good.

Is there one with the GT oil cooler cutout? Or one that actually looks like a GT?

This piece was made from the AIR piece that we are all so familiar with. However for my purposes I filled in the opening for the cooler. I am not running a front mounted oil cooler and did not want to have the opening for show. I like the look of it, and figured that cutting the opening in later was easy enough. In fact, John would probably do it for you. I did not want to hack up my bumper just to have the LOOK. The piece from AIR was very, well, UN-Straight to be nice. This piece is very straight and you will simply have to bolt it up, as it comes in black gel-coat. We did all the work for you... Call John if you are interested.
PeeGreen 914
OOOOOOOOOOOOO....... I want one of those. I think I may just call tomorrow.
PeeGreen 914
Just received it piratenanner.gif . I am going to put a few coats on it and wait to wax it. I will postpic in a month when it is all on the car. Great product.
PeeGreen 914
Turned out very well. Nice work on this air dam. beerchug.gif
Twise
Man just catching up on this thread - That looks sweet man. I remember when my bumpers were black. You just popped that sucker on you lucky bastard. Mine is being painted as we speak... I knew there was at least one other person who could use one flared and without the oil cooler opening...
PeeGreen 914
everyone who has seen it says it looks kick ass. I am sure you must be itching to get it on there. Do you know if he uses a black gel coat? Seems as though many guys use a white gel coat, and after a little time they look like sheit. So far mine has not had this happen, but I put a few coats of paint and waxed it.
Eric_Shea
This piece was made from the GT piece that we are all so familiar with.

Looks excellent (however, no where near a GT style).

Seriously, it looks REALLY NICE. I'm not trying to pee on the parade, just maybe change the title?? confused24.gif

GT spoilers come flared, with the cooler opening and w/o the brake duct openings. E.G.:

Click to view attachment
PeeGreen 914
Hey Eric bye1.gif

I think he is reffering to the fact it is flared for the GT fenders. Thus making it a spoiler for GT type cars, or making it a GT spoiler. biggrin.gif
Eric_Shea
Oh. blink.gif

I guess I was confused by this:

"...made from the GT piece that we are all so familiar with."

I'm easily confused though. Looks nice.
PeeGreen 914
I guess that is confussing and doesn't really make sense.
Twise
Yea sorry - too much coffee that morning, cause I am reading that now and thinking that is idiotic and makes no sense, plus I kinda typed the same thing twice. Way tooo much coffee is my excuse. Editing now, sans coffee...
PeeGreen 914
icon_bump.gif for someone looking. This is the one you are asking about. beerchug.gif Tell him I sent you please. drunk.gif
Eric_Shea
icon_bump.gif for John
veltror
What woudl be the inclusive cost with shipping to the UK?

Thanks
Twise
QUOTE(veltror @ Oct 18 2008, 02:02 PM) *

Thanks

Sorry, you really gotta call John for that info. I inspired him to make the piece for my car, but he is the one making the pieces as needed. He is not on the board, so will not see your post. Give him a call. Super nice guy. I am reluctant to post his e-mail address. If you really want another way to get a hold of him - PM me your email adress and I will pass it along...
gothspeed
QUOTE(Blood red 914-6gt @ Oct 24 2007, 01:46 PM) *

Turned out very well. Nice work on this air dam. beerchug.gif

+1 .............. smile.gif
sixnotfour
QUOTE(Twise @ Oct 24 2008, 02:58 PM) *

QUOTE(veltror @ Oct 18 2008, 02:02 PM) *

Thanks

Sorry, you really gotta call John for that info. I inspired him to make the piece for my car, but he is the one making the pieces as needed. He is not on the board, so will not see your post. Give him a call. Super nice guy. I am reluctant to post his e-mail address. If you really want another way to get a hold of him - PM me your email adress and I will pass it along...

@Twise
is this still available ?
jim_hoyland
Post #1 has John Catos contact number. He can fill you in.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.