Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wandering Trunk Removal Tool
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Sixer
I need to know who as it and how soon they will be done with it. I have been PM by other members that would like to use it. Also, I need it for myself.
SGB
I always use a deep-well 10-mm socket on a long extension- and wear leater gloves just in case...
914Sixer
icon_bump.gif bump
jimtab
Well, my tool is still "out there" Olav had it and then it went to someone else and I don't think I ever got it back, I'll look around and maybe whoever has it will chime in...
Rand
I think it's awesome that our club shares the tool. Um.... careful now, or else Clayton might say something funny here....

But really..... Don't be a slave to the tool. It's not *that* hard!

I don't get it.... It would take me less time to get the job done without any special tools than deal with the shipping of the tool! And the idea of stalling my work to wait for some tool to show up in the mail scares me.

Oy. I guess my abrasive side it out today. Sorry. I just like to get stuff done.
rjames
I don't get it.... It would take me less time to get the job done without any special tools than deal with the shipping of the tool!

Yup.
Notching an old crescent wrench with a dremmel works just as good in place of 'the tool'.
charliew
QUOTE(rjames @ Aug 3 2007, 04:56 PM) *

I don't get it.... It would take me less time to get the job done without any special tools than deal with the shipping of the tool!

Yup.
Notching an old crescent wrench with a dremmel works just as good in place of 'the tool'.

Okay, I just found the springs were unhooked on a car I just bought a couple of days ago. 914's are new to me but cars in general are really old hand, these springs are very similiar to fiero springs. Whats the easiest tool to make or modify to hook them up and why are they unhooked in the first place? These springs seem to be in a tougher spot than the fiero springs. I don't really want to hook them up if the're just going to pop off again. Any experienced explainations are appreciated. I will be taking the trunk lid off pretty soon so I probably won't hook them up till I'm ready to leave the trunk on. They don't look like they would stay on with the trunk lid off. Thanks,

Charlie
whitey
I have it!!! I should be done in one week if that is OK. Thanks for the use.

Dave
914Sixer
Yes, I have a notched 1/2" breaker bar that I can remove the springs with, I have done it on several occassions. I am happy that I can share the use of the factory tool with others.

I hope that the other missing trunk to appears also.
Thanks, Mark
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.