Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOT - BMW Tires - Help Please, Buying Tonight
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SteveL
Put a screw through the sidewall on my dialy driver, and need to get new tires - the other 3 are at 20% tread anyway.

I live in MN, so snow/ice traction is improtant, but don't want to have to buy seperate winter tires. So, looking for good all season tires that will be good in snow. The car is just a DD, so I don't need ultra high performance in the summer.

Have it down to:
Bridgeston Potenza G 009
Michelin Pilot Exalto A/S

Tires Plus is pushing the Bridgestone, I think because they would have to meet the Costco price on the Michelins, and they would have to sell them to me for less than they paid for them.

I need to get this done tonight, so any experience and recomendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Lavanaut
Take a look at Tire Rack if you haven't yet. I'm not certain they carry the tires you're looking at, but their site is an awesome resource, regardless.

Then, sell your BMW and get a couple more teeners. poke.gif smile.gif
Kargeek
I have run 3 sets of bridgestone S03's on both my M5 and 540i, I just switched to Michelin's Pilot PS2's on the 540 through Costco and they are a better tire.

I recommend the michelins.

DH

rick 918-S
Michelin's from one MN BMW guy to another wavey.gif
SteveL
I am going with the Michelins. Got the price down to $530 including tax for 4 installed with the pro-rated road hazzard and lifetime repair, balance, rotate. The Tires Plus guy isn't happy because he is selling them to me for less than he is paying! piratenanner.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.