Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: hoses
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
WilRod
Is there anyone out there with a stock 74 914 2.0 that can tell me if one of the two hoses coming from the distributor vacuumn advance is hooked up to anything?
One is hooked up to the throttle body and the other is just laying there. Haynes shows a diagram but I believe it is for an earlier version with a two hose throttle body. The car is not running and I want to make sure that this is not a contributing factor. Thanks!
Joe Ricard
There should be two ports on a D-jet system. At least there was on my early 1.7L.
one line goes infront of the throttle body and one line goes to a connection just after the throttle plate. Feel around down there you'll find it.
Bartlett 914
I am not sure which engine / year it is but there are cars that have a hose form the distributer that sits unconnected and is normal. I believe it is a vacuum retard hose and there isn't a port on the throttle body to connect it to.
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(Joe Ricard @ Aug 2 2007, 02:14 PM) *

There should be two ports on a D-jet system. At least there was on my early 1.7L.
one line goes infront of the throttle body and one line goes to a connection just after the throttle plate. Feel around down there you'll find it.

Sorry, Joe, wrong answer. As was discussed here about a week ago, the vacuum advance line isn't hooked up on the 74 2 litre engine. There's a short piece of hose there to keep dirt out, and to fool anyone who isn't in on the secret. We had an obnoxious tech (and I use the term VERY loosely) at the dealership where I worked. He was too smart to need the training classes offered for new models, but not smart enough to save the 3 or 4 hours he spent on a 30 minute PDI (while we all silently watched him).

The Cap'n
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.