Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2 kb 96mm questions?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
orange914
these are keith black hyperetectic 96mm pistons that have appx. 1000 miles on them. today we got them cleaned up, checked them and the pins for wear. thumb3d.gif clap56.gif good shape. my 2 questions are:

1 the pistons dont appear to have a mark indicating "down" or otherwise. they do have universal oil drain holes under the oil rings on each skirt side. in other words the side that would be on the lower/bottom. it appears they can be installed either way?

2 what type retaining clip is recommended as better to hold the full floating piston pin (i.e. spiral,snap ring ect...)? has anyone got good or bad info. on the nylon plugs i've seen used in the type I? sounds like a gimmic to me.

mike

Click to view attachment
orange914
Click to view attachment
orange914
Click to view attachment
craig downs
Keith Blacks don't have a install mark on them so it doesn't matter how you install them. They come with and its recommended to use the spiral retainers.
orange914
QUOTE(craig downs @ Aug 2 2007, 05:07 PM) *

Keith Blacks don't have a install mark on them so it doesn't matter how you install them. They come with and its recommended to use the spiral retainers.

thanks, mike beerchug.gif
Jake Raby
Teflon buttons are not available for the KBs. You MUST USE the KB spiral locks with these pistons. if you do not failure will be unavoidable.
orange914
good input thanks guys thumb3d.gif
mike
Brando
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Aug 3 2007, 04:27 AM) *
Teflon buttons are not available for the KBs. You MUST USE the KB spiral locks with these pistons. if you do not failure will be unavoidable.

I have a question though... How do you get the spiral locks out?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.