Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Altenator wiring
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bernbomb914
How do you wire a AL 82n alt into a 914 relay box? you go from a 3 wire plug to a single wire terminal at the Alt.

Bernie WTF.gif
bernbomb914
how do you wire a 6 cly. alt to the relay box in a conversion?
JoeSharp
The -6 came with an external regulator and has 4 wires. 2 reds a brown and a green. I don't know how the alternator with the internal regulator is wired. I think that I have read that info here.
SLITS
I'll try to find the procedure and post it later today. I know that of the three wires running to the regulator on the relay board, one is eliminated and the other two go to the stock position and the regulator is removed from the board.

davep
The relay board provides the connection to the alternator light in the Tach, so there has to be at least that connection.
bcheney
I am very interested in know how to wire a 2.2 E spec, Weber Carbed 6 conversion that is using the 3.2 90amp internally regulated alternator, MSD and Petronix. I spoke to Rich Johnson the other night and he gave me some great info. He told me I would first have to shave 10mm from the surface where the alternator mates to the shroud. I would love to see detailed pics of someone's set up in a converted car if possible.

QUOTE(davep @ Aug 3 2007, 07:17 AM) *

The relay board provides the connection to the alternator light in the Tach, so there has to be at least that connection.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.